Mainship Owners group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgancont

Hi,
I have a 1994 Mainship Sedan Flybridge. I am looking for other owners to discuss issues with this type of boat. any information would be helpful.
Thank you!
Dan

See Marlow-Mainship section (even though your model isn't one of the Mainship "trawlers" it'll probably be as close as you can get here), and there's a Mainship owners group on Yahoo! somewhere too.

Often it helps to start the discussion topic yourself: post about an issue you're working on, they will come. (And often, boat issues are semi-generic, not totally brand-specific anyway. Example: we all have engines...)

-Chris

Dan:

Welcome to the forum. You will find that this group will have a wealth of information and 99% of it is not boat specific.

But in all honesty the Yahoo Group does have more Mainship owners who hang out there and if you have a specific question about your boat, then ask there. You have to join to be able to read or post, so go to Yahoo Groups at groups.yahoo.com and look up the mainship group and ask to join.

But do participate in this forum. It is much more user friendly than Yahoo.

David

Dan
Welcome aboard TF
I second what David said
I do monitor the YahooMS group but do most of my posting here on TF due to wealth of info and user friendly features.
The members and modrators here will be glad to assist new members getting comfortable w the features.

Welcome, Dan.
Fire it up. What is on your to-do, to-solve list?
As Chris has mentioned many problems are boat generic.
Throw out some pictures. The peanut gallery here is NUTS for pictures!
Dave.
:popcorn:

Mainship

Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to the discussions and feed back. I love talking boats, especially my own but always interested in anything boating. I just brought my boat down the ct river today to return it to Westbrook, Ct. Had to leave it in Essex for a couple of days due to small craft advisory. Was a beautiful trip on LI sound.Probably more than you wanted to know. I will start to come up with my questions and pictures.
Thanks,
Dan

Believe it or not........NOTHING is more than we want to know.......especially if accompanied by pics!...Welcome aboard!

Start new thread?

Not sure how to start new thread, but here is my question:

We have an 03 pilot 34 hard top. Thinking of rigging some sort of covering for the aft cockpit, has anyone done this, and can I see pictures?

Rod

Brava1

Thread moved from "Welcome Mat" to "Marlow-Mainship" sub-forum.

How To Start A New Thread

1) 'click' on the Trawler Forum link in the top left of any screen.

2) Choose the sub-forum which is most appropriate to your topic (e.g. "General Discussion"; "Anchors and Anchoring"; etc)

3) 'click' the NEW THREAD button at the top of the sub-forum list.

Hint: Subject has limited characters. Consider a short, succinct subject that clearly indicates the scope of your thread (i.e. not "HELP"; "Please Help"; "PLEASE HELP!!!!!")

;) Welcome aboard!!

Thinking of rigging some sort of covering for the aft cockpit, has anyone done this, and can I see pictures?

Rod
Brava1

This used to be my boat, see pic below. The bimini has a typical SS tubing frame with two cross members that give it lateral stability. Works great to hang out in the aft cockpit on a sunny afternoon.

If I were building it again I would extend it another foot or so aft.

David

Attachments

• Bella at our dock.jpg
    Bella at our dock.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 68
Our pilot has a similar Bimini which extends over the entire back. Stainless arc supported by 2 poles mounted on back transforms. It zips on the arc so we can roll it up when not in use and underway. We are looking at having removable side sun screens made this winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Our Mainship isn't trawler style either (big white tennis shoe style), late 1990's pre-Marlow, but I've always found TF incredibly helpful regardless. Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry about boat style or edition, this group is one of the most helpful you'll find. Although I do wish somebody could tell me the packing size I need to order for my stuffing box re-packing job on a 1-3/4" prop shaft to the 454's on my 1996 Mainship 37 "Motor Yacht."

And I grew up in your new boat's home waters on the CT River - Valley Regional High School, sailed my Blue Jay open cockpit sailboat on the CT River, still some of the most fun I've ever had on the water. We're doing the Newport Boat Show next month and I'll finally get to introduce my boys to a lobster roll at Edd's or Bill's. Lots of CT River members on here. It's funny, when I sailed my Blue Jay on the river I could go anywhere, but then decades later I tried to bring our current big honkin' boat into Hamburg Cove in a stiff wind and was lucky to get un-stuck in the mud on the bottom. Thought to myself, you're not in the Blue Jay anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom