8EOZD Generator Remote Wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbbmillar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Mainia
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
I'm hoping someone has the same wiring and can tell me what color wires go to which pins of the plug for the remote interface connector.

The generator on Mainia was getting reluctant to start, then wouldn't. The last few times it started I had to push the remote switch a second or third time before it started and ran fine. Then it just wouldn't.

The controller LED display was blank. I started poking around and found the where the Remote Interface connectors attached to the sound shield were very corroded, something has bathed them in sea water (something else to fix once running again).

At least one of the pins on the male side broke and came off with the female plug when I pulled it apart.

The generator side of the plug has 11 wires into it, but only 3 wires were on the remote side plug. I’m fairly certain that two of the wires connect the normally open start/stop switch (press once to start, again same direction to stop). Reading the wiring diagram as best I can, I’m guessing the third wire connects the FireBoy engine shutdown device – but I’m not absolutely certain.

I planned to pull just the 3 active wires from each plug and reconnect them with three simple Ancor snap plugs.

When I pulled the first wire from the remote side plug the other two came out easily and I suddenly realized I hadn’t mapped exactly which position the other two wires were in.

I hoping one of you have the same three wires to the remote interface connection setup and can tell me which connector pin locations they wire to. The three wires on the remote side of my plug are one purple, one red and one yellow w/ red trace.

Once I get them reconnected I'll see if the LED is still not lighting up.

Mania
The Kohler Service Manual is posted in the Library section...
It does have schematics that may be of assistance

Back
Top Bottom