Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 06:05 AM   #63
Yahoo 1
Guru

City: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicuddy View Post
Hi Pilou, the trip through Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal should be awesome.. When in Mull, try to stop in Tobermory. There is a distillery there that makes Tobermory single malt which is an average to better than average whiskey but it turns to nectar if you drink it in the pub next to the distillery using a spritz of water from the same spring as the whiskey was made from.
Also, two other things to see, on the other side of the island is the monastery of St Columba who established a beach head for Christianity in the 6th century, having come over from Ireland. The monastery has been in more or less continuous use for 15 centuries. Amazing. And then if you go further offshore you will see the magnificent Fingals Cave which is sculpted by nature out of octagonal basalt rock. The cave is reported to be the inspiration for Mendelssohn for writing his Hebrides Suite.
Bon Voyage!

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Thank you very much for these useful tips, I will not miss that. And I won't forget to drop a glass of Scotch whisky in the waters of the Lock Ness for Nessie, it seems to be tradition ?
Yahoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote