View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
Capt.Bill11
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golderskookum View Post
My 2700 series 6 cylinder 120 hp ford Lehman is brilliant. 5 years of purring below decks. Twice however the stop button has failed. The first time was just wiring to the solenoid getting corroded. This time however the solenoid is working fine. The stop lever on the Minimec injectors moves smartly but does not cut off the fuel. The shaft of the fuel cut off lever has a second shaft inside it. If I put vise grips on this shaft and just tweak it about 5 degrees the engine stops. Sometimes if I pump the stop button to the solenoid it also stops but not always and then I have to open the hatch and tweak the inside shaft with the vise grips.. Any advice appreciated
First make sure the plunger on the solenoid is retracting all the way into the solenoid body and bottoming out.

If not, take the plunger out, clean and lube the plunger, clean out the cylinder the plunger rides in, reassemble and see if that helps.

If the plunger is pulling all the way into the solenoid body and bottoming out them adjust the travel on the solenoid arm.

If none of that works then it may be time to have a knowledgable pro look at it to determine if it's time to have the pump rebuilt.
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote