View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
DeanD

City: Woodinville
Here's hoping the dark side really isn't that bad...

Hello All!

I've sailed most of my life and my last boat was a Valiant 47 that I sailed and lived aboard. But, I've been a landlubber for the last 12 years or so, mostly doing the occasional charter or going out with friends and I have reached the point where I really can't stand not having my own boat.

However, as I look back on my boating experience, the reality for me was that I spent most of my time motoring here in the PNW (often in the rain) and I'm thinking that a 35 to 45 foot trawler just may be the ticket. I really don't want or need to get anywhere at 20+ knots, but a semi-displacement hull that can do 12 to 15 if necessary seems like a good option. Right now I'm looking at tugs and trawlers and really like American, Nordic & Kadey Krogens. I'll most likely buy a used boat and my budget is going to be in the $300,000 range. I'd like to ease back into the boater's mindset so I'm hoping I can pick the brains of the folks here on the forum and start whittling down the options.

And, I'd like to apologize for all of the nasty things I said about power boaters when I was a sailor
DeanD is offline   Reply With Quote