Old 09-15-2016, 03:49 AM   #115
sdowney717
Guru

City: Seaford Va on Poquoson River, VA
Vessel Name: Old Glory
Vessel Model: 1970 Egg Harbor 37 extended salon model
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
If 303 is like the Amazon product, it seems to be a silicone spray, like Armor-all. I believe that is a real issue for recoating. Same reason as some types of silicone sealant are not good on a boat, because you may never be able to repaint where you use them.
If you accidentally get Armor-all on the car windscreen it gets smeary and is hard to remove,I`d be wary using it.
I used a bright yellow full gloss oil paint to pick out letters on my name and hailing port boards, then varnished the whole board (with Cetol), having prepped the boards before doing the yellow. It works well, the oil paint and Cetol get along fine. I know people who apply gold leaf, but paint is ok for my boat.
It has no silicone, one of the first things I checked for. Can not stand that stuff.
https://www.goldeagle.com/brands/303-faqs

I put on the 303 on the transom. I actually sprayed it on and spread it with my hand, then buffed it with a cotton rag. The water beads up. I can see why dirts do not stick to it. Unless you clean it off, nothing will stick to 303. I like it a lot, made it feel silky smooth.

It took a very small amount of 303 to do the transom and all the interior woodwork that I recently refinished, which adds up to about 2 transoms total in area, dropped the 303 down about 1.5 inches in the bottle's neck area.
sdowney717 is offline   Reply With Quote