Is it just me and my computer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carey

Guru
Vessel Name
Happy Destiny
Vessel Make
Custom Lobster Yacht
Doug or John

Today, Mar 31, I am experiencing a situation where items read are remaining bold, so I can't tell what I've read.*

Thanks for all that you do guys.

Carey

Carey wrote:*I am experiencing a situation where items read are remaining bold, so I can't tell what I've read.*
* * * * Me too!

Even after reading the posts, when I sign back in they still show as unread.

SeaHorse II wrote:
Even after reading the posts, when I sign back in they still show as unread.
*Same here.

Now, it seems to be working again. I sure wish someone would give us an explanation/

you sure you guys aren't just having a senior moment?! ;)

That happens if you back arrow the browser, because you undo the 'memory' of having opened a certain item. If you always go forward by clicking on the board header at the bottom, rather than just clicking on the back arrow, or trawler forum header at top or bottom if finished with that board, it does not happen - that is, they don't stay bold - not to me anyway. I'm on Firefox 4.0 on MacBook.

Peter B wrote:
That happens if you back arrow the browser, because you undo the 'memory' of having opened a certain item. If you always go forward by clicking on the board header at the bottom, rather than just clicking on the back arrow, or trawler forum header at top or bottom if finished with that board, it does not happen - that is, they don't stay bold - not to me anyway. I'm on Firefox 4.0 on MacBook.
*Wrong. I don't use the back arrow. I do just as you describe. Never had the problem until about three days ago.

*The problem appears to be gone now.

-- Edited by Carey on Saturday 2nd of April 2011 01:16:33 PM

Carey, you describe my experience exactly.* So, you weren't the problem.

markpierce wrote:
Carey, you describe my experience exactly.* So, you weren't the problem.
Mark

There's a first time for everything.**
biggrin.gif

Carey wrote:I don't use the back arrow. I do just as you describe. Never had the problem until about three days ago.
*The problem appears to be gone now.
*Same here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom