1985 40 Mainship Wiring Diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

max

Hello fellow boaters; I purchsed my 1985 40 Mainship about mid summer and have the boat in heated storage (Canada) to make upgrades this winter. One of the issues is installing another set of house batteries. The documentation I received with the boat is incomplete and has no electrical diagrams. Does anyone have a copy they could send me. Thanks Max.:banghead:

Hello fellow boaters; I purchsed my 1985 40 Mainship about mid summer and have the boat in heated storage (Canada) to make upgrades this winter. One of the issues is installing another set of house batteries. The documentation I received with the boat is incomplete and has no electrical diagrams. Does anyone have a copy they could send me. Thanks Max.:banghead:

Real wiring diagrams are for the most part non existent for Mainships. There are some rudimentary drawings for each model but for the most part it is not of much help if you need to trace a real problem.

But adding house batteries should be a fairly simple item. All you will have to do is decide if they will be 6V or 12's and where the placement will not cause a list problem.

Join the Mainship Yahoo group and ask this same question and you will find folks that have done this project on your exact boat.

mainship@yahoogroups.com

Working on a 2004 40' mainship trawler with Xantrex inverter. Cannot find the inverter on the boat. Suspect it might be behind the refrigerator. Also looking for wiring diagram of same boat.

Some one sent me a link to mainship manuals. I won't have access to that computer until Tuesday. If I find they are relevant I will send a link.
Dave

If the link is the one from Marlow-Mainship they have taken the site down for some reason. Too bad there was a lot of good info there including BOMs and photos of parts...many w Mfg info & part nos.

Good afternoon. Just started a journey of a weathed girl. (1985 Mainship 36 DC )
PLEASE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY 411 on this bread, I would like to have any Wiring, diagrams, BOM's or manuals.
So far I only have Intel on the Crusader 270 PAC.

Thank you and safe travels.

Last edited:
I do not have that link. That old computer crashed and that data has been lost.
Sorry for the hiatus.
Engine manual are available on manuals.com I think. You could identify SOME of the wiring with that. Otherwise it’s just what we call hand over hand tracing. What are you trying to find?

I do not have that link. That old computer crashed and that data has been lost.
Sorry for the hiatus.
Engine manual are available on manuals.com I think. You could identify SOME of the wiring with that. Otherwise it’s just what we call hand over hand tracing. What are you trying to find?
Thank you for your response.* I* have found the motor documentation.* I am searching for anything I can to to understand the engineering of the Mainship.* It appears that it will be a reverse engineering process for the entire vessel.*

Thanks again*for your help

Safe travels.*

Roger.*

Back
Top Bottom