Long time lurker, really long time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigsfish

Guru
Vessel Name
Gotcha
Vessel Make
Grand Banks. Heritage. 54
All

I have been a lurker on TF for over five years and always enjoyed the discussions from guys like psneeld who says it right, short and sweet. Many of you have helped me out many times with various problems and I would still be lurking except I read about a planned get together in February (Ft Pierce) and thought it would be fun to put a face with the names. Will I be disappointed? LOL. Depending on the dates I hope to attend and I'll buy you a beer. (A not "the" beer as I read you guys can drink).

A little about me. I have been a boater in southeast Florida for 60+ years and a customer of Parks' grandfather, I remember when Parks was more interested in ultralights than boats. I still visit his shop almost weekly as I keep my boat on the Miami River near his shop and his people always get what I need.

I've had a few boats over the years: Matthews, Chris Craft, Hatteras, and last boat was a 34' custom walk around Crusader that I had for 22 years. I used that boat all over Florida and the Bahamas for fishing but as you get older fishing is work and I wanted more comfort. I always admired Grand Banks but they were too slow so when they came out with the new 43 Heritage with pods (after two years I hope the problems are now corrected) that can cruise at 20knts I ordered hull 10. I have taken it to the Bahamas twice, to Key West and up to Stuart.

That me I hope I don't embarrass you guys and admirals. Thanks for your time.

Welcome aboard...we accept your pedigree :thumb:

Thanks Murray. I'm more a mongrel than pedigree. ?

Mongrel is the pedigree of most of us. I sometimes wonder if I should continue to associate with any group that accepts me as a member.

Welcome aboard

Thanks Murray. I'm more a mongrel than pedigree. ?

Better yet! :thumb: :thumb:

(Don't really trust those ironed pants, plucked & tweezed, not a hair out of place, white sweater tied around the neck types anyways...)

Welcome. Now wasn't that cleansing?

I think that get together was last February! :)

Welcome anyway!

I think that get together was last February! :)

Welcome anyway!

It was but another one is being planned. If I wasn't committed to exploring Washington state via road trips for the foreseeable future I might have taken the iron bird out to participate. Maybe next year.

Menzies

I guess I was mistaken, I thought a new one was being planned for this February. I joined and didn't need to! LOL

Welcome aboard. There was one last year and it will repeated this February.

John
Sue Marie
Merritt Island, Fl.

Geez. What took you so long to voice, Bigsfish?

John
Hopefully the dates will work with my schedule and ill be there. Sounds like fun as long as the weather is nice to run up the outside and avoid mist of the ditch.

Mark
No need to post as I was getting the great info off the board.

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the world of posting, Bigsfish! Glad you decided to speak up.

Tell us more about Parks! How young was he when you first met him? Ultralights? (airplanes, not beer, right?) Got any pics? Tell us ALL about him. I'm sure he'd love the bio you could write about him....I know we will!

Good to have you aboard!!

Yes, expirmental plane that had floats on them to use on the water. He had a few at the old store in storage.

I could tell you a few things but I'll be banned from the store and he will send Ronnie to put a bullet in my brain. I will say he has a great family and the proof is how many years he kept his employees LOL

Bigfish now I'm going to go nuts trying to figure out who you are!
It would save me a lot of brain cells if you'd stop in and say hi!

My ultralight period was at least thirty years and a hundred pounds ago!

I don't think you have to worry about Ronnie, he is like a teddy bear, and not a very big one at that.

Welcome to TF!

Parks. I say hi to you whenever I see you but you keep an executives hours. Thirty years goes by fast and probably 100 pounds plus for me. ��

Thanks for the welcome.

You girls need to get a room.

Room? I'm a Publix person. LOL

Welcome aboard, Bigfish. Most boaters "in the know" are Parks customers. When I was living in Key Biscayne, he even delivered. Of course, one had to be mindful of one's beer stash when he arrived.

Oh, so he can be bribed!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom