Fuel leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southx10

Veteran Member
I have a ford lehman 120 hp that is leaking fuel at the top of the injector pump at the base of the fuel line to the injector. I've seen the name of this part but a brain f--t at the moment.
Anyway has anyone replaced these seals or had them replaced. If so where did you get the parts and the special socket. If you had them replaced recently HOW MANY $$$. The engine only has less than 3000 hrs. Is there a need to have the pump rebuilt. The engine starts easy and runs smooth?

Second sticky at the top of the power system area.

Mine has been weeping for 2 years now when cold after shutdown.

Running, most of the time it stops or slows so much I never see a drip.

I know, most people don't like fuel leaks....but where and what this is is nothing compared to what I have had...:eek:

Just info...not suggesting you ignore it all together.

Last edited:
If its a leak at the supply fitting , a shaped copper washer can sometimes be installed for a few cents.

Refrigeration supply.

If the fuel line going to the injector is leaking at the injection pump, then there is no seal. The fuel line is sealed with compression (of it) alone. If you can't stop the leak by tightening with "normal" effort, then you need to replace it.

And if you want my opinion they should have done a much better job of matching the fuel lines dynamically. The number 6 wouldn't be so disposed to slap.

But that a rant for another time. :)

Back
Top Bottom