Cruisers Forum,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilfatboy

Hey Guys,
I've been told about ya'll for awhile but never made the journey to check you out till now. Glad I did. This site is more in tuned to what I'm hoping to do and get help with. I love the looks of some trawlers and sailing really isn't my thing. I'm hoping to rack your brains in the months to come and will gladly divulge and aid I can.i had a project I was working on and really still am but jumped too soon into a boat project I wasn't ready for so I traded down and now have two smaller boats to fix up. One is just replacement of new parts,steering cables,throttle and cables,seats,fuel tank and such. The other has a small cabin but no electrical inside.i think it's about 22ft long.its a complete floor and everything but the hull is good. I'm hoping to cruise it to Florida and back next year from Texas. The original motor is an 85hp but I plan to buy a newer model and about a 90 to 130hp to replace it. What do you think. I know it's a small boat to go very far with so I'll most stay close to shore till I can get a 33 or bigger.

One example of every anchor should be fine...

Sounds like a good plan. there is a book by a guy who did a similar trip in a 25' Grady White
Along the Edge of America by Peter Jenkins
Good Luck!

If the bow is not shipping green water due to the array of anchors, you don`t have enough anchors.:)

Welcome Aboard! As you can guess from the comments so far, anchors are a favorite topic. The problem is if you ask which anchor should I use, you'll start a never ending argument. My friend Capt. Bill is obviously a trouble maker.
The answer is always the same, your anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind and you don't have enough chain.

Back
Top Bottom