Anodes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

51zulu

Vessel Name
Stealth
Vessel Make
40' Mainship sedan bridge
This might be a stupid question... I want to replace my zincs but I don't know the sizes I need to get and she's in the water. I would rather not pay the diver twice to get measurements for me and then install them later. I have a 1995 40 Mainship Sedan Bridge. If anybody happens to the sizes......

Look at your shafts in the ER for sizing

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

The transom one may be near enough to the surface to check while in the water.

This might be a stupid question... I want to replace my zincs but I don't know the sizes I need to get and she's in the water. I would rather not pay the diver twice to get measurements for me and then install them later. I have a 1995 40 Mainship Sedan Bridge. If anybody happens to the sizes......

FWIW, I would just have the diver come out to clean the bottom and replace the zincs. I normally just buy the zincs from the diver since he has the usual sizes on hand in most cases. I only buy the zincs if I am going to haul the boat for some reason, which is very rare.

For the hull anode another approach is to buy a plate and drill it to match the hull anode the diver removes. Frequently a plate is larger than a hull anode and will last longer providing an economical alternative...then note your needs for future reference.

Thank you all for the advice!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom