Dometic fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
I just replaced the cooling unit for the RM 2820 I got from RV Cooling Warehouse the brand new unit. this is the second one I have replaced as the previous one did not work and I returned it and ordered this one.. the first one the shore power worked but did not cool. the new one I replaced the same as the first .this time I have no power to the unit. I checked all the wiring .made sure I had power at the receptical and that power was going to the connection. what am I missing ??? I have tried to resolve the problem for hours.. the 12 volt does not work either... any suggestions?? thanks
Kevvin G
New Bern NC

IS the thermostat hooked up , and demanding the unit turn on?

dometic

my control panel does not even light up

There are two fuses on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

hi Terry.... I have checked both fuses and are ok one is got two color rings on it and the other no color, both filiments are intack

hi Terry.... I have checked both fuses and are ok one is got two color rings on it and the other no color, both filiments are intack
Did you check the fuses with a multi meter for continuity?

Often glass fuses can look OK but can be bad...especially with something that vibrates like a fridge.....

Some on the board fuses are solid and look like a large resistor. Only way to test is with a DMM.

Just went through this with a friends Waeco freezer. He piffed a fuse, the motor fuse.

You should be able to confirm that voltage is getting to the board though. Then check the fuses.

I have finally fixed the problem... I had the two red wires on the wrong tab !!!! thank you for all your help and suggestions,,,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom