Hauled out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SPEED,
How much power does she have? How much does she weigh?
William is a planing boat/hull.

SPEED,
How much power does she have? How much does she weigh?
William is a planing boat/hull.
Wow she must have been really slow before the modification . 135 hp . Not sure on weight maybe 18 to 20,000 lbs .

Last edited:
Marty,
She's too heavy to go very fast.
If she weighed half that she'd go perhaps 15 knots.
It's possable they made her fuller aft to carry fish.
You do'nt happen to have pics of a hull before the mod do you? Seems to me the builder made several (at least) boats like William. Any pics of them?
Any ballast?
She's quite wide too as I recall.

Size and weight she's kinda like a GB32. Is that correct? Probably has similar speed .. as they have 120hp and a similar shape .. and similar weight. All correct?

So you've got a GB32 Sport .....

Art,
Did you see the TollyCraft crab boat? A hack job but cleverly done .. I thought. We have another older Tolly express cruiser about 24'. Very nice looking boat.

Last edited:
Marty,
She's too heavy to go very fast.
If she weighed half that she'd go perhaps 15 knots.
It's possable they made her fuller aft to carry fish.
You do'nt happen to have pics of a hull before the mod do you? Seems to me the builder made several (at least) boats like William. Any pics of them?
Any ballast?
She's quite wide too as I recall.

Size and weight she's kinda like a GB32. Is that correct? Probably has similar speed .. as they have 120hp and a similar shape .. and similar weight. All correct?

So you've got a GB32 Sport .....

Art,
Did you see the TollyCraft crab boat? A hack job but cleverly done .. I thought. We have another older Tolly express cruiser about 24'. Very nice looking boat.

Yes... believe I commented about it in a post a while thereafter, on same thread.

IMHO - Tollycraft are a substantially overlooked quality boat!

Last edited:
I'd think they were added to provide greater roll stability at slow speeds and maybe a little more aft buoyancy for the weight of the rigging.

I had always pictured William as having a displacement hull.

I'd think they were added to provide greater roll stability at slow speeds and maybe a little more aft buoyancy for the weight of the rigging.

I had always pictured William as having a displacement hull.
Maybe that's the reason there is more bottom paint exposed aft than anywhere else. When we repaint we are lowering the bottom paint line aft and increasing it at the bow . Then adding a boot strip .

Man this is a long process . The deeper we dig the more we see we need to do and we're not as young as we used to be. Today Joy and I removed a thru hull , a massive echo transducer for fish finder and a grounding plate . I'll probably be making new leveling blocks for transducer before rebedding . We hope to get back in the water for a little late season cruising .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 57
Man this is a long process . The deeper we dig the more we see we need to do and we're not as young as we used to be. Today Joy and I removed a thru hull , a massive echo transducer for fish finder and a grounding plate . I'll probably be making new leveling blocks for transducer before rebedding . We hope to get back in the water for a little late season cruising .

From look of picture you could [almost] place your beaut-boat on a tri axel trailer and go all over the place. Good luck for getting to the point of splash again! :thumb:

We reinstalled the fish finder transducer today .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 46
Glass work and blister repair done . First of three epoxy barrier coats goes on today . We had a lot of glass work done . It's been a long process but very happy with the yard and the work they have done .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 56
Marty,
I sure like William's hull. Deep and convex fwd carried far enough aft and quite flat after that. The flat stern is acceptable I think as most of the support from the hull is amidship and fwd. The keel and rudder seem large enough for good stability and control.

Yup I like what I see. How does she compare to a GB 32 in performance?

Marty,
I sure like William's hull. Deep and convex fwd carried far enough aft and quite flat after that. The flat stern is acceptable I think as most of the support from the hull is amidship and fwd. The keel and rudder seem large enough for good stability and control.

Yup I like what I see. How does she compare to a GB 32 in performance?
Thanks Eric . The aft sections are modified from original , that is the area that we had to do fiberglass repair . Starboard side was fine but port had some problems. The area that was flattened out was holding water between the modified section and original hull . It's all been repaired and ready for paint . The hull is solid glass but in the modified section they used foam core and we had a small area of delaminated glass that allowed water to get in . Took a while to get it dried out .

One coat epoxy barrier coat done , two more to go then bottom paint and maroon boot stripe .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 53
Thanks guys ,
We had no idea what we were getting into on this bottom job . I knew there was going to be some blister repair but not the amount of fiberglass work. I learned quite a bit about blister repair and glass work. We have some good guys and an easy going yard doing the work that also allowed us to be part of the process.

I just like your hull Marty.

It's almost a typical of Canadian gillnet boat. OFB (a member here (Old Fish Boat)) has one of these boats. It's definitely a bit different but very very similar. And I think they are very seaworthy. A SD hull considerably less efficient that a FD hulled boat but probably a better boat than most trawlers. And likely more seaworthy than most FD boats. I think you're lucky to have William Marty.

Bottom paint finished . Should get boot stripe tomorrow .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 157
Well Marty you painted in black so I can't see that beUtiful hull.

Haha I'll let that slide though.

Bottom finished and boot stripe done . The yard dog " spot " gives her ok . Splash this weekend .This is some good medicine .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Marty - Looks top Knotch - Art :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom