Thread: Towing lien
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #14
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainneil View Post
We are gold members w Boat Us. Apparently George Bruton from BoatUs did not file the towing insurance claim. Boat Us Corp is checking into it. All should be covered and we should receive an invoice for balance. It was not a salvage problem. The water was pumped out and we had it towed by Bost Us from St James Marina to Southport Marina, about 5 miles, and immediately taken out of the water, and a diesel mechanic pumped oil into the engines and generator. I will post pics as soon as I can.
What is all this talk about a lien then? Has one been filed? It doesn't sound like it.

Then about the boatyard, which I assume is Zimmerman, saying they will not keep the boat for you? Unless you're going to have them work on it, why would they?

When did you buy the membership? Note please Towboat US is "membership". It is not insurance.

Did Towboat US pump it out? If so, I refer you to their exclusion paragraph, which is why psneeld explains it as salvage.

This Towing Service Agreement becomes effective 11:59 PM on the day of payment and does not apply to: ..... salvage, including but not restricted to hard groundings, or assistance requiring more than one vessel, pumps, divers, airbags or other special equipment;

How long did this take them and what was their charge?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote