Thread: Towing lien
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:32 AM   #9
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
So far, I'm not grasping any of this. Boat was fine. Boat got to marina. Boat started taking on water at marina. You don't state if you were there or gone or how rapidly or what was done about the water. Boat was towed from somewhere to somewhere, but I have no idea where. It was towed by someone but I have no idea who and whether they were through a tow membership or directly engaged, nor do I know whether they told you salvage wasn't covered. Shipyard won't keep the boat for you, I'm guessing means store it for free or what? You have no insurance on the boat, I understand. This would certainly be a logical consequence of no insurance. Your title is "Towing Lien" but you don't say whether anyone has put a lien on the boat nor do you indicate an amount. What is fishy about a lien? One provides a service, doesn't get paid, they put a lien. Not fishy. You say paying is not an issue, but then what is the issue? You say "just seems really odd," but what is it you are saying seems odd?

I would be more than willing to provide answers or opinions. Perhaps you left a lot out trying to be brief. I would suggest trying again, with all details, with the sequence of events, and with amounts and circumstances. The whole story.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote