Any Square Knot sailors here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ka_sea_ta

Guru
I did it in the CG back in early 70's... and no I didn't get the tattoo. Anyone else get subjected to this abuse..

Close, never did the circumnavigation....but all the lines.

Interesting about that, I always said the USCG had a short memory for firsts.

I thought they claimed a 378 in the 2001 was the first USCG vessel to do a circumnavigation cruise????

Like here....

USCGC Sherman (WHEC 720) - Molu 'Ekahi Hui 'Ekahi

In July 2001, SHERMAN became the first Coast Guard cutter to circumnavigate the world after conducting U.N. sanctions enforcement duty in the Persian Gulf and goodwill projects in Madagascar, South Africa, and Cape Verde.*

But then....““Only US Coast Guard Ship to Circumnavigate the World””

Reviewed October 16, 2015

The USCG Cutter Bramble accomplished this feat of circumnavigation in 1957, 13 years after she was Commissioned in 1944.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...29951-USCGC_Bramble-Port_Huron_Michigan.html#

And.....

This tour made the Eastwind the first cutter ever to circumnavigate the globe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Eastwind_(WAGB-279)#Construction

Last edited:
Only bluenose, shellback, and international date line for me.

Never heard the term "bluenose" before. I assume it's arctic circle...

Yes. King Neptune's belly has blue lard on it...

After the third initiation, King Neptune's belly could have been covered with King Cobras... I just shut my eyes and turned off my mind for 24 hours.

4 military survival schools had given me enough practice to force myself into a trance like state...:eek:

Thankfully the after ceremony party was pretty good so the bad memories are pretty fuzzy, including the birth canal. Can picture it, but fortunately the memory of smell has faded. :thumb:

Thanks for putting those memories back in my head, I forgot about "kissing the baby"

USS Standley DLG-32, Mayport NS to Yankee station around the horn and back 51,000 miles.
King Neptune baby for my initiation had lard mixed with two week old tuna fish plus the biggest belly aboard. The Royal Doctor was taking polliwog temperature you know where with an engine room thermometer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom