View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #36
go-planing

Suit yourself, but I've been to every port on Lake Michigan/Green Bay (many of them more than once)...unlike the author(s) of the pie-in-the sky PR cruising guide you're quoting. It's not clear that you've been to any of these places and you're making proclamations about how important it is to make time to see them all. I called BS...and gave an honest assessment of what's happened to the area. Once sleepy, charming little towns have been ruined by summer tourism. You might still find them charming, but we find them increasingly commercial and repetitive.

Wonderful that you have LGBT friends. So do we. That's not the point. And I actually said Saugatuck is the only place worth stopping south of Leland. Been there. Some folks would be put off by the overtly gay culture. The city specifically caters to it.

Enjoy your trip down Green Bay...the swarms of bay flies will be happy to accompany you. Get the timing right and your boat will be black when you arrive. Did you know the Indians called the bay of Green Bay "stink water"? Do you realize that the primary marina in Green Bay is next to a coal fired power plant that occasionally pumps out ash from it's stacks, and that with a south wind you can also enjoy the aroma from the sewage plant a block away? (By the way, you'll have to rent a car to do anything in Green Bay as the marina is quite remote from the sites you listed).

If you must see the stadium/Hall of Fame, or anything else in Green Bay, rent a car in Sturgeon Bay and drive there...about an hour. The zoo is small. The amusement park is hokey as are museums in the big scheme of things. Heritage Hill is OK, but not worth a special trip. Green Bay is a small ugly paper mill town...and any charm it ever had was destroyed 40 years ago by developers who tore down the old inner city and built a mall....which is now a virtual ghost town. Read a book about Green Bay and save some time and $$.
go-planing is offline   Reply With Quote