Trawler Family Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Having met Al and his wife on their drive south from Ketchikan to Seattle, and Crusty Chief and his wife when they docked in Kitimat for a couple days this summer (new breakwater is going in and the "walk of doom" from C-dock is getting fixed!!) it's obvious this trawlering thing is a family affair.

Here's a hello from our family to yours. Taken while loading up on fresh water at the back end of Bishop Bay, north coast BC.

Attachments

• MK&F Bishop Bay 2013.jpg
    MK&F Bishop Bay 2013.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
What a great picture!

Murray,

Thanks again for going out of your way to give us the nickel tour of your stomping grounds, had a great time with your family.

in case you didnt get this one after a nice meal with you guys!

Attachments

• 20160620_133924.jpg
    20160620_133924.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 126
Guess you could say we are family now.
Cheers!
With your boat in the background.

Attachments

• 20160619_092750.jpg
    20160619_092750.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 110
What a great picture!

You should have seen the 3 seconds before the shutter snapped.

The camera was sitting on a rock lower down on the beach, and after setting the timer I made a heroic dash up the rocks to get into the scene. Ever notice how slippery rocks are below the high tide line?

Just before reaching my wife and daughter I took a spectacular spill into the rocks, almost breaking my ankle and bouncing off a larger boulder with my rib cage...good thing I was wearing a life vest :thumb:

As I skidded into the scene I did a quick butt pirouette, faced the camera and said, "I'm okay! Say ta-daaaa!!!!"

Sure felt dumb though...it would have been a looooong painful ride of shame home if anything would have snapped besides the shutter :facepalm:

(Funny how I would never have done that move while sea kayaking because of the risk factor & the time/effort it would have taken to get home with an injury...a good reminder to remain cognizant of the wilderness aspect of boating, despite how comfy things are).

Hey John...seems you found the Spirit Bear guide in Hartley Bay?

Last edited:
Murray,
Yes we did see the Spirit bear and got within 30 feet of it,Tracey posted it on the blog. Can't post a pick cuz I'm on the iPad, but it's on the blog, so cool! Another bucket item checked off the list!
Cheers, John

Murray,
Yes we did see the Spirit bear and got within 30 feet of it,Tracey posted it on the blog. Can't post a pick cuz I'm on the iPad, but it's on the blog, so cool! Another bucket item checked off the list!
Cheers, John

Awesome! What an incredibly rare experience!! That's one healthy looking bear :thumb:

Murray,
Cheers, John

Side note: If you get the TF app, you'll be able to post photos from your iPad.

Back
Top Bottom