Where to find discounted Westerbeke parts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickyB

Veteran Member
Bought uses boat with 7.6 BTD genset. I'd like to change of & filter. Tried to use "search this forum" tool but won't work with my phone. Also oline I could not find a part listed as an "air filter". Do they call an air filter something different? Will ship to Detroit area. Thank you.

Discounted Westerbeke?? That is an oxymoron. Good luck, do not be surprised when the dealer parts guy arrives at the counter carrying a jewelry scale. They sell by the Troy ounce.

Take the old filter, hit various Diesel engine dealers, forklift, farm tractor even auto parts stores and so forth to see if you can match it up. Try to, while you are at it, find out what else your genset engine is used on. Tractors, pumps and so forth. There are casting numbers on the side of the block that may help. Good luck...BTW share any knowledge you acquire on here, it will be appreciated.

I just ordered glow plugs for my 5BCD from an outfit in England. Used the OEM number from the plugs. http://www.gsparkplug.com/

Less than US$10 each including shipping.

What those guys said.....LAST CHOICE Westerbeke OEM anything...

FYI, I went to Westmarine.com & entered Westerbeke 7.6BTD oil filter & a Sierra filter came up for $9.99.

No air filter. Just a silencer box.

Oil filter crosses over to car filters, not expensive.

Thank you Ski. I'm very surprised there is no air filter. I wonder if silencer box is oiled foam type of filter. I'll take it apart to see.

Great deal.... Wait until you need a head gasket....not so good.

Great deal.... Wait until you need a head gasket....not so good.

You can get head gasket and most basic engine parts from Mitsubishi.

Yeah, I know that NOW! Lesson learned.

For any engine parts just try to find out what the base engine is and who, besides boating uses the engine.

Pumps , generators and truck reefers are common users of small engines.

Thank you. Sure makes sense. I think I saw a sticker on the top of my 2005, 7.6 BDT & it looked like the Mitsubishi logo.

Back
Top Bottom