View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #3
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClapp View Post
I have a slip here in NJ that is limited to 37' including swim platform & bow pulpit. I've been a day boater all my life, but my wife and I want to start cruising now, eventually looping someday. I need to buy a boat for my slip.

I'd like a newer boat (2000-2010).
Twin Diesel engines.
Cruise in the teens, but able to run in the low 20's.
Single state room.
Shower stall.
Flybridge AND dual helm stations.
Bow thruster.

I've been doing a lot of research and I plan to attend Trawlerfest, but I keep coming back to the Mainship 34 Trawler with flybridge. It seems a little under powered. And the width might not fit my slip. But I love the large upper deck; the staircase; the engine access; & the look of it.

Pros? Cons? Other boat Recommendations?
I understand your purpose, but the strategy of selecting a boat based on a slip bothers me a bit. Where do you intend to use the boat? How many people aboard? What kind of cruising, how much, how long trips? Anchoring or marina? All the other things that are important in selecting a boat. Perhaps you've considered them all and determined 37' total length works, but it's just the singular premise of finding a boat to fit the slip. Then the one you were attracted to will not. Oh, and what is the width of your slip?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote