I just want to say....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Star0210

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Star
Vessel Make
2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
What an absolute treasure trove of information there is in these forums.
Whenever I have a question or a curiosity about something, I come here first and do a search and always find what I'm looking for.

yesterday we were at the boat and I was working scraping paint in the cockpit and several neighbors were standing on the dock chit chatting with me and all of a sudden this stinky smell kind of took over for a few minutes and we were all like...eww what's that? Hubby was inside and had used the bathroom and flushed the toilet. When I told him about the stink he said we probably need to replace the filter. I got on here and a did a search and found a thread about that very situation which confirmed our suspicion.

Yesterday we were also discussing exterior window shades. Did a search and found a very useful thread with lots of info, links, and pictures.

Also found lots of information on non skid paints, techniques, etc.

I could give a ton of other examples....

So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who participates and shares their knowledge and experiences...this site is truly an invaluable resource for us newbies! :smitten::Thanx::thumb:

Thank you for you kind observations. I have no doubt you in turn will also be contributing useful information from what you learn before long. That's how this place works.:popcorn:

Lots of information is right, try a search for holding tank vent filters, they are about as controversial as anchors; good ones, bad ones, or none at all.
Good Cruisin', try to stay cool, hopefully we'll see you all out on the water one of these days!

Lots of information is right, try a search for holding tank vent filters, they are about as controversial as anchors; good ones, bad ones, or none at all.
Good Cruisin', try to stay cool, hopefully we'll see you all out on the water one of these days!

Yikes...who knew vent filters could be controversial?!?! :banghead:

Let us know if you ever get up this way.
We're going down to Houma next Saturday for a family function.

Star, speaking of the "fart filter", did you find a thread on how to replace the charcoal in the filter for a few bucks rather than replacing the whole filter for about a hundred bucks?

If not, let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Star, speaking of the "fart filter", did you find a thread on how to replace the charcoal in the filter for a few bucks rather than replacing the whole filter for about a hundred bucks?

If not, let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.

Yes I did see that and sent the link to hubby.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom