Okisollo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xsbank

Guru
Vessel Name
Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Make
Custom Aluminum 52
I tried pm'ing this but apparently you can't attach photos?

I found this photo that I took about 1969 in Fisherman's Cove in West Vancouver. It won't win any points for photography but I thought it might interest you Ted. I may come across more, if so...

I swear that I checked it before posting but there is a disconnect between iPad and this site.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 99
I tried pm'ing this but apparently you can't attach photos?

I found this photo that I took about 1969 in Fisherman's Cove in West Vancouver. It won't win any points for photography but I thought it might interest you Ted. I may come across more, if so...

I swear that I checked it before posting but there is a disconnect between iPad and this site.

Thanks Xsbank
I appreciate the pictures.
As you can see the flying bridge no longer exists, just a pipe rail ala tugboat
style.
That picture would have been taken showing "as converted to pleasure" .
I like the look now better.

Ted

Disconect between i-pad and the site?
I'm on my pad now and most of my posts but I go to my big i-mac to post most pics. Like to do my TF stuff at Starbucks but I'm at Woods Coffee now.

How many pics are there Xsbank? I only see one.

Ted,
I like her grey paint better now. Looked too much like a GB in white. Walking the docks in the early 40's and from then on fish boats are and always been a comfortable sight for me. I like most grays on pleasure boats unlike most other non white colors.
I can see that big winch of yours even in the little avatar.

Last edited:
I have another photo somewhere but it will take a while, I suspect it will surprise me... One photo, I like her look with the bridge but I also like her current look too.

My boat is grey too...

I think Okisollo was a tug originally but that photo was when she was a "yacht." I like the way she looks now and I hope I can track you down this summer - I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours?

Yes, the windlass is still there and still working although so far I've only used it once this year, I've been looking after family matters but this week I will visit the lump and try and find out what needs doing. Poor thing has been a bit neglected, I hope it misses me....

Last edited:
Xsbank,
You're almost right, originally she was built for the army as a compact coastal
combat vessel in 1944. She became a tug in 1946. About 1959 she went to the shipyard
and came out in 1961 as a pleasure boat.

Ted

Xsbank,
You're almost right, originally she was built for the army as a compact coastal combat vessel in 1944. She became a tug in 1946. About 1959 she went to the shipyard and came out in 1961 as a pleasure boat.
I think I told you I like that girl and will not pass up an opportunity to show her off and link the Kleaman piece.

Xsbank, scroll down a bit, you'll see it.
Kleaman Marine Services

Attachments

• Okisollo Bow.jpg
    Okisollo Bow.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 93
  • Okisollo Port.jpg
    Okisollo Port.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 109
Such a great looking boat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom