GCICW Aransas Pass to Port Isabel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkasprzak

Veteran Member
I am starting to plan a trip from Aransas Pass, TX to Port Isabel, TX in the GCICW and would like to hear from those who have done it in the past. My cruise speed is 7.5 - 8.0 kts, for planning purposes I use 7.0.

Using these numbers indicates being in the middle of the Land Cut around marker 10 about 8 hours after leaving Aransas Pass. I am trying to find out if there are any anchorages that can be used in the Land Cut and......if anyone has actually used them overnight, etc.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

We have not made the trip yet but planning to go this fall. Active Captain only shows one option in the cut @ dead man's hole at about ST 593 with another option on the south side of the cut about 7 miles north of Port Mansfield around ST 622. Would also like to know from anyone if these are decent options or if there are others. Coming from Rockport I was thinking about getting down around the causeway or in the canals on the backside of north padre the night before and then be able jump to Port Mansfield the next day.

Good Luck and keep us posted on the trip - gonna be hot!

Paul

I've also been eyeing this route but can't figure out a good overnight stopping spot either. If y'all find a good spot let me know!

I did this trip 20 years ago but it was on a 20 knot boat and we stayed in Port Mansfield. Not much to see on the way IIRC, but SPI was fun.

Coming from Rockport I was thinking about getting down around the causeway or in the canals on the backside of north padre the night before and then be able jump to Port Mansfield the next day.

Paul

This looks like a good plan.

I just replotted this trip leaving from the CC causeway to Port Mansfield and then on down to Port Isabel. This is a good plan if you can do a three day trip.

I was trying to do two easy days, if an appropriate anchorage can be found its only two 60ish mile days. I'll keep researching and will report back what I learn.

Please do share what you find out. I would like to do that trip too.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom