Almost Free Yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always wondered what would happen to the old Greenpeace Two, known locally as the "Edgewater Fortune". and for years and years tied up in the Fraser River, under the Patullo Bridge, New Westminster side.
She moved so rarely, the owner must have had really deep pockets, to hang onto her.
Finding suitable moorage for 152 ft won't be easy.

It is fitting that Greenpeace 2 should return to her place of construction so long ago.
She has fared better than Rainbow Warrior, to which French Government agents attached explosives,killing one of the crew and sinking the ship while berthed in New Zealand. Maybe it helps understand Brexit.

eco terrorists have little to do with brexit.

No, but using EU economic threats to pressure New Zealand into dropping a murder prosecution surely does.

"Why not, assuming it has good bones post survey. It was a war ship after all."

even if it was built of the best materials to a super grade of construction , the fact remains that it is wood.

This means the surface coating and seals under hardware, ports , hatches must be kept perfect at all times , or she will rot away. EVERY leak is a slow death drip.

The Toredo worms still exist , so a haul out sked must be maintained , and yards do not allow DIY in that sized vessel.

The cost of a bottom job might eat most retirement annual payments.

"Why not, assuming it has good bones post survey. It was a war ship after all."

even if it was built of the best materials to a super grade of construction , the fact remains that it is wood.

This means the surface coating and seals under hardware, ports , hatches must be kept perfect at all times , or she will rot away. EVERY leak is a slow death drip.

The Toredo worms still exist , so a haul out sked must be maintained , and yards do not allow DIY in that sized vessel.

The cost of a bottom job might eat most retirement annual payments.

OK, I see your not sold on the idea then :D
How about this, lots of folks (myself included) own acreage out of the city for recreational purposes/cottage life. How about having this trucked out to the site and using it as a summer home.

OK, I see your not sold on the idea then :D
How about this, lots of folks (myself included) own acreage out of the city for recreational purposes/cottage life. How about having this trucked out to the site and using it as a summer home.

Friend of mine did just that. He had a wooded motor yacht in his back yard with deck around it that was attached by a walkway to the deck of his house. Had waves painted on the lower hull sides and landscaping around the bottom.

Had power and water to it and used it as a guest house.

Friend of mine did just that. He had a wooded motor yacht in his back yard with deck around it that was attached by a walkway to the deck of his house. Had waves painted on the lower hull sides and landscaping around the bottom.

Had power and water to it and used it as a guest house.

I like that !! Although moving 150 feet overland like the one in question may just be a pipe dream.

Back
Top Bottom