My new boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

West

Just picked up this inflatable for next summer's adventure.
Junior and I will be river rafting the Similkameen River from Princeton to Cawston.
If that works out than maybe the Fraser in late summer as well.

Attachments

• intex mariner 3 (1).jpg
    intex mariner 3 (1).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 86
  • intex mariner 3 (2).jpg
    intex mariner 3 (2).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 84
That's a nice looking package. I like the double thickness of the hull tubes on the lower ends of the side tubes.

That's a nice looking package. I like the double thickness of the hull tubes on the lower ends of the side tubes.

So far I'm pretty impressed, just by the feel of the material/parts. It has a stand up floor with slats that are 4 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick.
They don't ship/sell to Canada so I had to ship it to Point Roberts for pick-up.

Going to splash it this weekend at a local lake for it's maiden sea trials :D

Attachments

• Intex.jpg
    Intex.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 88
we've got one just about exactly like it except ours has a blow up floor. Wish I had a roll up floor like yours .. it's lighter. Mine has the little OB bracket too.

we've got one just about exactly like it except ours has a blow up floor. Wish I had a roll up floor like yours .. it's lighter. Mine has the little OB bracket too.

That's my only worry so far. The boat is not light at 75 lb, I know that I will be hauling it into some hidden glacier lake out in the middle of nowhere to fish, and with other gear it will easily top out at over 100 lb ... you don't want to make 2 trips.

Which stretches of the Frasercare you considering.
I have been on the Fraser from just below the huge falls east of Tete Jeaune cache to the mouth of the Pacific in Vancouver.
Stretches of it are not to be taken casually.
A run through Hells gate or the Fort George canyon is a challenge in a competition style jetboat.
If you're not sure feel free to pm me your number and i can call or text you with more information.
I lost good friends with years of experience and in a big jetboat a few years ago when they drowned.
Nothing would get me to do the Fraser in a blow up raft.
And this is a guy who skydives, hang glides, tarzan swings, races motorbikes and cars, and likes jumping logs and gravel bars in a jetboat.

Nothing would get me to do the Fraser in a blow up raft.

Agreed.
We took the TC up to Lillooet a while back, and the Fraser has been cancelled for reasons you mentioned.
We will still do the Similkameen River though, and only take this puppy on calm Interior Bass lakes thereafter :)

Agreed.
We took the TC up to Lillooet a while back, and the Fraser has been cancelled for reasons you mentioned.
We will still do the Similkameen River though, and only take this puppy on calm Interior Bass lakes thereafter :)

I'm glad to hear.
People tend to underestimate the Mighty Fraser.
It takes a lot of lives.

My boat is full, but there are many boats going on a run in late August on a part of the Fraser, and i can probably find 2 empty seats easy enough for you and your son if interested.

I'm glad to hear.
People tend to underestimate the Mighty Fraser.
It takes a lot of lives.
My boat is full, but there are many boats going on a run in late August on a part of the Fraser, and i can probably find 2 empty seats easy enough for you and your son if interested.

Thanks for the invite :thumb:.
Late August we will be in Montreal ... rain check.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom