I need a float for my new phone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Star0210

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Star
Vessel Make
2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
I have a brand new phone because my other phone drowned and is now keeping my pet turtle company in the drink under my boat. :banghead:

A very sweet lady who lives on a houseboat at the marina borrowed some ant spray from us. I had set my phone down on top of our dock box and she didn't see it when she went to put the ant spray back into the dock box. She opened the lid and the phone slid off and into the drink.

That was an expensive oopsy. :cry:

I have a brand new phone because my other phone drowned and is now keeping my pet turtle company in the drink under my boat. :banghead:

A very sweet lady who lives on a houseboat at the marina borrowed some ant spray from us. I had set my phone down on top of our dock box and she didn't see it when she went to put the ant spray back into the dock box. She opened the lid and the phone slid off and into the drink.

That was an expensive oopsy. :cry:

Sorry to hear but I can only hope it was a new Samsung 7 Edge like my new phone because that's where they belong in the mud under a boat .

Atwood sells mini Pelican like cases at boat stores and Walmart.

Mine is perfect for a phone and something else like a second thin phone, a
wallet, mariner credential, etc....

Use it whenever off the boat not going straight to the car, especially the dingy. A bit bulky but can have other uses as well.

Think it was less than $30.

I have a Lifeproof waterproof case for my Iphone. But it needs the life jacket (yes they make one) in order to float.

I wonder if you could attach a Davis Key Buoy to a phone case? It inflates when it falls in the drink, bringing the attached keys (or phone) to the surface...

https://www.amazon.com/Davis-Instruments-530-Key-Buoy/dp/B000ZOV6TU

Too bad they don't make an adhesive version for phone cases :)

Stu

I wonder if that Key Buoy has sufficient buoyancy for a cell phone.

If it does, and a case has a lanyard attachment point, as does the Catalyst waterproof case that I have for my iPhone 6, one could attach the Key Buoy there.

I have a Lifeproof waterproof case for my Iphone. But it needs the life jacket (yes they make one) in order to float.

I'm gonna have to look for that. My phone had a lifeproof case on it but I'm pretty sure the little door was open where you charge it. Hubby did jump in and try to find it but no luck.
It was an iPhone 6. Now I have a new iPhone 6s with the new battery pack lifeproof case which is a bit heavy so I need to find some type of float I can attach that will keep it floating.

At least I have insurance on my new phone. Not sure why I didn't have it before!

I'm gonna have to look for that. My phone had a lifeproof case on it but I'm pretty sure the little door was open where you charge it. Hubby did jump in and try to find it but no luck.
It was an iPhone 6. Now I have a new iPhone 6s with the new battery pack lifeproof case which is a bit heavy so I need to find some type of float I can attach that will keep it floating.

At least I have insurance on my new phone. Not sure why I didn't have it before!

Did you call the phone while he was in the water?

A friend was on my boat a few weeks ago and had a clear plastic pouch for his phone that also had a lanyard attached. You could blow it up and it looked like a little air mattress. Kind of neat and inexpensive. Didn't ask where he found it.

There are all sorts of floats made but they're all large. You could encase your phone, hook it to the float, but then how practical will it be to use? Maybe just make this a once in a lifetime problem and not do it again.

There are all sorts of floats made but they're all large. You could encase your phone, hook it to the float, but then how practical will it be to use? Maybe just make this a once in a lifetime problem and not do it again.

Yes, it's not very practical. This was just a fluke accident.

I have one of those clear pouches on a lanyard that I used on our sail cruise last year in the BVI. Allowed me to use the phone in the water...take pictures etc. that pouch on lanyard would be more practical than a float when going out on the dinghy or other similar situations.

I know "your pain". I lost 3 to the river. I kept my phone in tshirt packet. When I bend, to do something, plum - phone gone. now I keep in my belt holder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom