Be careful what you tell your neighbor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Sea Fever
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
I have been thinking about selling a aluminum fishing boat that I used as a tender for a trawler I had a few years ago. I saw my neighbor at the mail box last Friday and mentioned it to him because he always said to let him know if I ever wanted to sell it. He was excited and ran into the house to call his wife. A hour later he was knocking at my door and said his wife said no, but a family friend was looking and would it be ok if they called me later? Soon my phone rang and we had an appointment for 10:00 Saturday morning.

The guy showed up, loved the boat, and 30 minutes later I had a check in hand for nearly the full amount. Everything happened so fast I couldn't believe I had really done it. Sellers remorse for sure! So I guess the morel to the story is don't tell anyone you are thinking about selling your boat unless you have for sure made up your mind.

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 95
I'm going to tell my neighbor I'm thinking of winning the lottery...

I casually mentioned that I was thinking about selling the dinghy I had on my sailboat to my dock neighbor. Within a day I got a call from the person that bought his old boat and needed a dinghy and motor. I had an old motor sitting in my basement so had it serviced and sold the boat and motor as a pair as soon as I got the motor back.

Now, I have been telling everyone I meet that I have a really nice 40' sailboat for sale, but so far no luck there. Anyone want to buy a 2005 Catalina 400?

Back
Top Bottom