Lights interior 2001 Mainship 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alto Cotone

Vessel Name
Alto Cotone
Vessel Make
390 Mainship
Does anyone know of a conversion for Mainship 390 original equipment interior lights to updated new energy efficient light bulbs or light fixtures.

First off, welcome to the forum Alto. Generally bulbs can just be changed for almost any existing light fixture to LEDs. I have changed all of mine and had no issues getting replacements. If you don't like the fixtures then that is another issue. There is a huge variety of new fixtures available on line or at most marine stores. Have fun!

I took my lead from Temptation who directed me to:https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...led-bulb-10-smd-led-bi-pin-led-disc-rvb/2703/

I didn't use this site b/c I found another that had a brighter LEDs (i think 3 watt) for a better price. Shop around. I replaced all of my interior lights on a MS 430 with the G4 (36 bulbs). You have to cut about a 3/16" off the pronged to get it to fit correctly. The difference is incredible. My wife who digs at my obsession with lights, was very impressed with the result at 1/3 the wattage!

Now I'm looking for a similar solution for the 30 courtesy lights that I need to change over to LEDs.

JimL

LED bulbs draw little power. The admiral made that change early. They plug into the original fixtures and look just fine.

Marinebeam.com is another useful shopping site for LED replacement "bulbs."

In addition to lumens/wattage equivalents/etc.... you'll want to pay attention to color temperature. For example, "warm white" (about 2700°K) approximates soft incandescent bulbs... whereas "cool white" (~3500°K and up) begin to look like operating room lights.

-Chris

Last edited:
I purchased two red/white combo bulbs from Sailing Solutions (I think). They turn on a low red, flick the switch again and the turn brighter white. The appeal to my multi-tasking side. I'd like to get more, but they were pretty pricey.

I need a replacement cover for my interior lights on Mainship 390, a white round cover 2 -3/4" in diameter with a clear glass insert 1-13/16" in diameter, original equipment

I need a replacement cover for my interior lights on Mainship 390, a white round cover 2 -3/4" in diameter with a clear glass insert 1-13/16" in diameter, original equipment

Search DRSA (retailer) and "Mako" (fixture) -- see if those are the lights you're after.

-Chris

Any luck in finding the replacement covers? I need to replace mine also. Appreciate if you would share replacement info if you was successful.

Thanks
Keith
1999 350 Mainship

I suspect the DRSA Mako lights were used across all the Luhrs Group lines...

-Chris

look at under the counter light sets at home depot. I found some for my Carver that sound like yours. The set was cheap enough to just use the covers.

Back
Top Bottom