closing in on the cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island Run

Were are getting closer to our cruising day. In the process of buy a 34 mainship trawler in Virginia and cruising her back home to R I. Wife and I are looking forward to this. Should be a fun trip. Plan is to bring her home and spend the rest of the summer in Newport R I enjoying her. I thinking it should take about 10 days any thoughts?

Island Run

I haven't made that trip but Welcome!

My only advice is to take it slow and enjoy it. I took my wife on part of my delivery from FL to Texas and she didn't like my 10 hour days of running.

Welcome to TF . Have fun .

New Jersey (Great Egg Inlet) to NYC to Newport will be 2 to 3 days Wx dependent.

You might need to pick the right day to run the NJ coast to NYC

Annapolis to Cape May, NJ +/- 7 to 8 hrs - if the Delaware is kind
Cape May to NYC (Liberty Landing) +/- 7 hrs if the ocean is kind

Good Luck and enjoy!!!

Why hurry? Spend some time to savor the Chesapeake Bay. It is wonderful cruising there. I would love to be back on the Bay again.

My only advice is to take it slow and enjoy it. I took my wife on part of my delivery from FL to Texas and she didn't like my 10 hour days of running.

This.

For us it was either get the boat home or take more time off work and finish the trip later. Weather cooperated and we ran 10-16 hour days to make it home. I don't recommend it because long days take away much of the fun.

Make sure you purchase Boat US towing insurance before departing.
Spend a night in the Solomon's at Calverts. $1.00 per foot at their new floating docks with Boat US discount.
Take the Cape May cut by the ferry to save some time.
WAIT for good weather/seas for NJ coast.
Fuel up at Sandy Hook.
Enjoy the free mooring at Port Washington.
And have fun.
Make sure you have and understand how to read a chart plotter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom