Finally! We're on our new 1984 Fu Hwa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I only have one body and i choose not to gamble it on the word of a big corporation or big brother."

Even drinking rain water , standing at the bow with open mouth is dangerous.

Rain needs & contains "condensation nuclei" to form the drop from water vapor..

So you are drinking some sort of minor particle , as it falls in your mouth.

Still not as much fun as another new owner has had, but the water system blew again. Hot water side. We will be replacing all the clear vinyl hose and replacing it with reinforced hose.

Yes, needs to be the reinforced type, I only ever used the clear on the intake side with essentially no pressure, and that was just to give me a tank level sight tube. Would I also be right in suspecting the clear plastic to copper joins were to straight copper ends with no barb bulge on the copper end..?

Last edited:
Congratulations! As a proud owner of a 1984 Taiwan cruiser (marine trader), I have a few stories of my own about things that go wrong. But we are on the water, and that's what counts! My boat is a constant project, but I could never have afforded her otherwise. I wish you countless hours of zen-like moments aboard.

chuckle... I've never owned a boat even new custom made to my specs boats that were not constant projects. Congraulations of your new toy:thumb: The reson boats are spoken of in the female tense is they are always in need of something or other and never satisfied.

Congratulations on a nice boat and to another Bay cruiser - we like the Europa design for the covered aft deck. On the plus side I bet you have a very clean bilge. These fixes are nuisance ones and fortunately not expensive.

This week I just removed the old water filter system in my boat and installed a Dupont home version using two filters in tandem - first one for particulates and the second one with charcoal. Water looks and smells fine. Maybe I'll get the nerve up to take a sip.

Got everything plumbed and tight, turned on the pressure pump and nada. Finally after checking everything else, I checked the tank. Flushed the system last week and forgot to refill the tank after the last flush. Oops. Filled up with an inline filter and we're back in business.

Congratulations on a nice boat and to another Bay cruiser - we like the Europa design for the covered aft deck. On the plus side I bet you have a very clean bilge. These fixes are nuisance ones and fortunately not expensive.

This week I just removed the old water filter system in my boat and installed a Dupont home version using two filters in tandem - first one for particulates and the second one with charcoal. Water looks and smells fine. Maybe I'll get the nerve up to take a sip.

Got everything plumbed and tight, turned on the pressure pump and nada. Finally after checking everything else, I checked the tank. Flushed the system last week and forgot to refill the tank after the last flush. Oops. Filled up with an inline filter and we're back in business.

is the filter to filter all water or just for drinking cooking? The reason for my question is that if using volumes of water a small charcoal block will saturate fast and no longer will be able to stop voc's and other toxic contaminates. Its easy to buy filter holders and expand even add an ro membrane for drinking and cooking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom