leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dennis G

I have a 2005 Mainship Pilot 34. For those familiar with this boat someone may have and answer. In the head under the sink cabinet I constantly am getting fresh water entering. I've check all hoses and they seem dry. it could be coming in through the laminate. Any suggestions ?

Does it leak all the time? If only when or after you use the sink, concentrate on the bowl and drain plumbing.

Ted

Any suggestions ?

I've taped up paper towels to find some leak sources and used talc or powdered (colored) carpenters chalk to find others.
Have you isolated if it's from FW supply?
Turn pump off and drain pressure...still leak?
Plug drain and fill bowl to see if it's drain related.

I have that same boat. If it is fresh water then it is a sink problem. Maybe supply- hot or cold or maybe the drain. Does the fresh water pump cycle? That would be a good indication of a supply leak. If it will hold for hours and not cycle, then probably not.

Also if you have converted to a fresh water flush toilet it could be the supply to that as it probably is supplied from under the sink.

David

Leak

Thank you for the input. I did find some water damage in the upper left hand corner of the galley where the black tray sits. This leads me to believe its coming from the outside. It is fresh water so its probably hatches or railing.

This leads me to believe its coming from the outside. It is fresh water so its probably hatches or railing.

Is it possibly rubrail hull deck joint leak?
If so pretty common on MS and repair details w pics available.

I've got a fresh-water-line leak which is on the list of about eight (or is it nine?) items to be taken care of in the next few weeks. I sympathize. ... KKMI, here I come.

Back
Top Bottom