• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Bruce Roberts Trawler 40ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Well equipped trawler perfectly suited for the Northwest; has cruised from San Francisco to the Ballard locks and beyond, returning south to the Bay area. Trucked back to Skagit County where she has undergone extensive refits and upgrades.
-Power: Isuzu 6BD1 Diesel with 250 hours, new 105 amp alternator w/Balmar solid
state voltage regulator
-Vetus Bow Thruster
-New Gulf Coast partial bypass oil filtration system with remote oil filter
-28X28 Three blade bronze prop on 1.75 inch stainless shaft with new line cutter
-Fuel Capacity: 455 gallons Fresh water capacity: 150 gallons
Galley up design with gimbaled Force 10 stove/oven, Microwave, 10 Cu Ft. Fridge and
setee for 4
Staterooms: Two with 4 berths and additional fold down table for children
Head/shower with additional washroom capable of adding second head
-LOA 40Ft BEAM: 13.5 Ft. DRAFT: 4 Ft
Rose Point Coastal Explorer charting software running on wireless nav net
Comm. - VHF1 Icom M-127 VHF2 Icom M-57 VHF3 Uniden MHS125 (handheld)
Furuno GPS, Autopilot, Radar
Depth: #1 Interphase Probe, #2 Airmar depth/temp DT800 (new not installed)
Anti-collision: Digital Yacht AIT2000 Class B Transponder
New 4KW pure sine wave inverter with 100 amp charger
- Solid Fiberglass hull

- - -You won’t find more boat for your money. I have been working for over a year to upgrade and refit for a cruise of 4000 nautical miles to Ecuador, South America. Plans changed when the import duty was changed to 120% of the boat’s value.
This is ONLY reason I am selling; I cannot justify paying this ridiculous tax on arrival.
LOTS MORE to this vessel than room to describe here. I have over 18 years experience building/refitting, and didn’t cut any corners. This is a SAFE, capable vessel. Someone once asked me when I was knee deep in fiberglass resin, are you a perfectionist? Yes, I said. Their reply, I'm sorry for you! Need I say more?

CALL: Paul @ 360-630-5487, or 360-567-6178 maverick44@earthlink.net
Boat is located in Conway, Washington State, very near to La Conner and Anacortes.

I have a couple. Waiting for paint to dry! LOl I can't find my post anymore. Any idea where I can edit it? I remember when I posted 3 years ago, you could just open the post and edit. But now I don't see where to add images that are not from a url?

You should see it now. It got placed into an approval bin b/c you're a newbie and included a link. You should be good once you've got 10 posts. At this moment you're sitting at 9, so you're at the finish line!

Here's a link to some helpful guidance in posting.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s22/

Welcome to TF...and good luck with your sale!

Last edited:
Picture of Gambler

Gambler.jpg
This is a picture of the boat we are selling in this thread. :)

$35,000. Sorry! I thought this was in the ad above. The name of the boat is Gambler.

No. We have the rails, but haven't put them on yet. Gambler went all the way to SFO from Seattle and back and back down again on the open ocean without the rails. But, not a good idea in a rough sea if you have to go out. :)

Last edited:
Not sold yet

Hi. The boat is in La Conner, WA. Paul is doing some 'bright work' like painting, etc. A person could actually put this boat in the water right now and motor up the inside passage as is. There is some carpentry work, etc. still to do, but the mechanics are sound and ready for cast off. :)

Do you entertain showing her at this point, or only after everything is completed? What else are you planning to do with this project on her?

Paul is basically working on cosmetics at this point, which the new owner could just as easily do. He would show the boat mid week I am guessing. Sounds like you already talked with him? He wants of course, to clean up some of the 'project clutter' b4 someone comes. Just give him a call and leave a message. The phone doesn't ring out at the boat where he is working, but when he comes back in for a break, he will be sure to get the message. Or email is fine too to me and I'll let him know.

No, I have not talked to anyone about this project, except here. Maybe it was someone else. I would like to know more details about your planned cruise. I will send you a PM to the address above.

Ok. We have no planned cruise. The cruise if off. That is why we are selling the boat.

I understand that you have cancelled your plan. I just wanted to know about the plan, when it was still alive. I sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom