Off to Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gbonas

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Stormy
Vessel Make
Grandbanks 46 europa
Two years ago we bought Stormy in Bellingham Wa. Today we are heading north to Alaska. Two years ago, Alaska wasn't even on our "list". We have been married just 30 months. Our friends are questioning our sanity. The admiral wasn't big on the idea, but after suggesting we join the Waggoners flotilla ,we jumped in. I truly believe the toughest part was to make the commitment. The rest is just planning and preparation. I am not the most mechanical guy on the planet ( hence I need two engines) but I am not against asking for help. We are both excited and a little anxious about leaving for 4 months, but Yolo right? Our fellow travelers are a diverse group of friendly people. I highly recommend saying yes to your dreams and figure out the details as you go....btw, the longest time on our Stormy was 3 weeks last summer, since we live in Calif and I was still working, we only occasionally visited her.

Woohoo! We're going to have a great time (I'm the one leading the trip).

Several other people on the trip post here on Trawler Forum too...hopefully we'll find some internet along the way to keep people updated. I'll be posting on my blog, Retriever and SPOT should be tracking our progress here: SPOT Shared Page

Best of luck!

We'll be heading up in a couple of weeks.

I am heading North now. Currently in Roche Harbor, San Juans having a great time. Hope we cross paths

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom