Trawlerfest - Anacortes WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imnvegas

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
None Yet
Vessel Make
None Yet
Anyone else planning to go?

I just purchased flights and stuff last night. I am flying up early on Friday morning, but have to fly back out on Saturday morning. Its a short flight from Vegas. This is my first show and I am going to start looking at the various boats to help me decide what best fits me when I retire in about 6 years. So this trip is a quick one, just perusal and no seminars or stuff. I'll be the guy walking around on Friday with the blank look on his face

It's worthwhile attending to look at the boats that are there. Some of the attendees come by boat and the sometimes welcome you onto their boats. The MTOA types used to be there. I'm not sure of they still are part of the event. We went in 2012 and 2013. We won't be going this year.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

If it's like the one I went to last year in CT, boats are big and expensive. I ended up finding one local sooner than planned.

People tell me the AGLCA rendezvous are really good to see boats when the do the trawler crawls.

My wife and I are hoping to go this year. Many TF folks have recommended it and I think we will have the opportunity. So far the plan is to go up on Friday, spend the night, then spend Saturday lurking on the docks looking at boats.

I hope to be in the San Juan Island during this time...

That time frame works for me, plan on spending 3 weeks in May in Bremerton working on the boat. I could run up for a day, probably need a break from the boat.

Seminars/Classes

Has anyone taken any of the seminars/classes?
My wife and I are thinking of taking the shorter familiarization classes.
1) Currents
2) Boat handling for Couples
3) What to do when the Captain is incapacitated.

We thought it a good idea to get some professional instruction sooner rather than later, as in before the bad habits start showing up and they're that much harder to break.

While I'd really like to take the 2 day diesel class, I think I'll get through the "beginner" ones first.

Last edited:
We will try to attend. we have a friend who moors their boat there, a Catalina 32. Not sure yet.

Is anyone going interested in a meetup of TF members? My wife and I will be there, but not in a boat.

Is anyone going interested in a meetup of TF members? My wife and I will be there, but not in a boat.

I'm game

My plane gets in about 9am and its about an hour or so. So I'm thinking I'll be there in time for lunch. I do not have a boat yet but planning for when I retire. This will be by first time in the learning process. PM me if interested and I'll send my phone number. Can meet for lunch.

We will be there.........by boat!

I had not planned on going to Trawler fest by boat but my wife and I were thinking of driving up and spending Friday night and going back home on Saturday. However, the possibility of heading up there by boat has just come up.

At this late date, anyone have an idea of what the availability of a slip is?

Rats, nevermind. Just found out that I don't have that Friday free.

Last edited:
I'll be around, in Cap Sante slip F16, in new-to-me as of a week ago NT 37. Tinkering away, getting ready to head north again in a couple of weeks. Would be happy to meet any TF members who'd like to stop by.

Wife and I still hope to make it up on Saturday by car.

I'll be around, in Cap Sante slip F16, in new-to-me as of a week ago NT 37. Tinkering away, getting ready to head north again in a couple of weeks. Would be happy to meet any TF members who'd like to stop by.

Are you going to stay around for the Nordic Tug rendezvous the first weekend of June? If so, look for us.

Thursday

We will be there Thursday, by car also.

If you happen to see a KK42 named "Points North III" tell them Kevin says HI!

I'll be up on Saturday- going to the seminar on Cuba.

We're in our slip in La Conner right now, and will be attending classes all day tomorrow.
Trawler Forum - View Single Post - Trawlerfest - Anacortes WA

Not sure when we'll head back over to "walk the docks", but at least we've got free tickets for Thursday through Saturday with our class enrollment.

By the way, I got to navigate Deception Pass yesterday in some rather strong currents/waves to say the least.
Otter did much better than the Captain.
I was sweating a bit after running through the channel.
14.5kts with the current going out, and 5.5kts against the current coming back.
I think I need to make sure I pay attention in the first class tomorrow. ;)

Wow!
That was an intense day for my wife and I.

Quite a bit of new information to absorb.
We're anxious to put a few things into action, not the least of which is to get her familiar with the systems so she knows how to turn them on and back off again.

Wow!
That was an intense day for my wife and I.

Quite a bit of new information to absorb.
We're anxious to put a few things into action, not the least of which is to get her familiar with the systems so she knows how to turn them on and back off again.

Which course did you take?

These three. (earlier post)
1) Currents
2) Boat handling for Couples
3) What to do when the Captain is incapacitated.

How did you like the courses you took WD40?

I was a presenter at the Diesel Engine course yesterday and today, I think it went well for our participants.

We enjoyed the presenters immensely;
Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about what they do as well as they were able to get the participants engaged in the discussion.

The seriously lacking item was hand-out materials.
It would have been nice to have the PowerPoint slides printed so you could take notes on them and go over the class after the fact.
As of now, we only have what's left in our heads and a few notes that we were able to take, and my memory is not what it used to be.

I would have liked to take the diesel class and hopefully will next year.
For the present, my wife and I thought it best to take the basics first.

Great Boat Show

We found the selection of vessels and brokers at the Trawler Fest very comprehensive and enjoyable. The facility was ideal, easy to get to, and the weather cooperated. There were many non-trawlers which were interesting, and Anthony's got us fed quickly with quality groceries. We have been to all of the Seattle shows in the last couple of years - I think we prefer Trawler Fest.

We were not in a position to take advantage of any events other than the boat show.

Recommended.

Best Wishes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom