Hi...new member from South Louisiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all. Glad to be part of the community. Hopefully you can tell by the name who I belong to. ��

We are really excited to get onboard and chart out this new adventure together.

Ahhhh! The engineer has surfaced!

Welcome aboard Star1 and Star2. Sounds like you about to start your big adventure experiment! Hope it goes as well for you two as it has for many of us here who were in your shoes just a few years ago...or so it seems.

You've certainly found some kindred spirits here on TF. Hope we can be of some assistance and entertainment along the way.

Cheers!!

double post

Last edited:
Stars

Enjoy the boat. A few questions -

How many hours on the 454s?
Coolant cooled?
Any gas smells in the bilge following a good run?
Did the PO keep a maintenance log and work receipts?
Is the bottom cored or solid FRP?
Are the engines and transmissions easily accessible?

About 1050 hours. Yes coolant cooled. No gas smell in the bilge at all. Even after a good run. Excellent records. Professional servicing with all records and receipts for engine, genset, instruments, other mechanical items. Engines and transmission are very easy to access. I believe these boats were built with a solid fiberglass hull and cored topsides. I will need to read the owners manual (original OEM manual) that PO had. Boat was in some disrepair when PO acquired it. He did significant restoration. Especially the interior teak furnishings. Mechanical inspection of engines with prioritized list of work. Documented receipts of the prioritized work being completed over time.

My husband is an engineer that doesn't actually get to do a lot of actual engineering stuff in his job. A boat to work on and play with is right up his alley.

Wifey B: Whispering so StarMan doesn't hear....:) You better watch with that engineering type or he'll start just taking stuff apart because....:D I know you can keep him under control though. :dance:

Wifey B: Whispering so StarMan doesn't hear....:) You better watch with that engineering type or he'll start just taking stuff apart because....:D I know you can keep him under control though. :dance:

Ha! He's already started. Something about reconfiguring battery banks and something about on next haul out doing something with something to do with the AC's.
Lol

Ha! He's already started. Something about reconfiguring battery banks and something about on next haul out doing something with something to do with the AC's.
Lol

Wifey B: Well, the old timers here advise to use it a bit before changing too much, if possible. Now if the AC isn't working, definitely a high priority. Reconfiguring battery banks though can get dangerous like anything shifting weight around. The original builders might actually have had a reason to put things where they did.

Of course while he's busy doing that, he might not notice all the new decorations and linens and stuff you're bringing on it. :)

I once knew a boat dealer who after one episode told a GE Engineer that it was going to be free this time, but next time he was seen with the cover off his outboard he was talking double. Actually the marina had told on him and the fact it ran fine before he worked on it the day before but the longer he tinkered, the worse it got. :rofl:

Just teasing him though cause we like engineers. Have some ourselves. No danger of my hubby doing that stuff though. Now he will test every possible function on any of the electronics. Of course, I'm normally participating when he does.

All your kids grown? You two did your kid making young. :eek: Now time to have fun on your own. :dance: Nice to have another woman on plus someone our ages, well, my hubby's age as he's 45. I'm still a bratty kid of 36...:) For nearly one more month...omfg...I'm about to be 37. Still 21 in my mind. :)

Shoot...you're a spring chickadee!
He's about to be 48 and I'm 45.
I'm about to go make a new thread about our first day of boat ownership,..aye yi yi....at least from my newbie women's perspective!

And my goodness, the wait to actually GET the boat and with him being out of the country and me left to my own devices...the checkbook took some big hits. I couldn't play on the boat, but I could sure shop for the boat! Lol

Welcome aboard from another Coonass! I grew up in Baton Rouge and my grandparents were from Breaux Bridge (spoke better French than English). Most of our family is in SE Texas and Louisiana. But, my husband and I are in the Mid-Atlantic now and in the market for our retirement trawler. It's a daunting experience! This forum has been amazing!

Congratulations on your new trawler. :)

Stars:
I'm in y'alls area, my slip is up the Tickfaw River, north side of Lake Maurepas. It's about a 5 hour trip from the slip to Mandeville city dock, which we do regularly, love it there. Don't know much about the Madisonville area but need to check it out soon.
Good to see some locals in my area, congrats on the new boat.
Mike
Baton Rouge

Mike
What marina are you in? We were up your way last weekend looking for marinas as we have never been in that area.

I'm in Vacajun Marina, next door yo Warsaw Marina. It's about 4 miles south of Springfield LA, on the Blood River. Looking for a slip?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom