Sliding door roller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vintageray

I have an '87 36' flybridge sedan. The roller on the sliding door is shot. The mechanism is corroded and the assembly needs to be replaced. No visible identification on the part. Teflon track won't help, as the roller is disengaged and the foot of the door is bottomed out on the track. Any help in identifying this part and a source for a replacement?

I've found a replacement at our local big box home hardware in the sliding door/screen door section. Pull it out and bring it with you - I can't remember if I bought the cassette or just the wheel with pins. You'd think I'd know - i've fixed two doors now

I found my wheels for homemade sliders in the Harken Sailing catalog, they sell sheaves for all their blocks seperately and listed them by size too.

I have an '87 36' flybridge sedan. The roller on the sliding door is shot. The mechanism is corroded and the assembly needs to be replaced. No visible identification on the part. Teflon track won't help, as the roller is disengaged and the foot of the door is bottomed out on the track. Any help in identifying this part and a source for a replacement?

Same situation, eventually, on our sliding screen door. I was able to dismount the screen, move top trucks to bottom and vice versa, remount the screen, all good.

-Chris

Try these guys. 81-241 1-1/4"dia Stainless Steel Concave BB Wheel : SWISCO.com

I ground my shafts off and drove the axel out. Then replaced with splits pins.

I later gave up on the wheels and went with the poly track It stopped a lot of air and water intrusion. Sorry about the pdf. I couldn't find pictures.

Attachments

• Door wheel.pdf
    429.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom