View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #40
Per
Guru

RE: Loopers Chime in.

i had a chance to look at some of the responses and can somewhat put myself in your situation as I have children close to age of yours.

It sounds like you are looking for a major life change, tired of Atlanta, loving the free spirit lifestyle etc.
Those may not be the same reasons for wanting to go on a year or two of cruising.

Here are some "saner options"
Rent out your home in Atlanta for the summer and make a trip down the ICW to see how it feels to be onboard a boat for so long.

or just rent a house in your favorite place in the gulf or Florida while you might as well just rent out your place, furnished possible (and since money is not a concern).

I also want to mention that SD does have a point, your kids are 7 and 8, they now have friends and are building a social network which is important for them. possible they are doing sports/boyscouts/dancing/music etc etc which are all important for their overall upbringing (and happiness).

You are also young, when your kids are early 20's there are still plenty "young years" for you to do the loop...

just my 2 cents.
Per is offline   Reply With Quote