Missing Racor shut-off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes the obvious eludes us. Have you tried these guys?
Login

I didn't bother signing up so don't know if there is more than one owner. There is also a NP Facebook. According to Mr. Google.

Yup. Small owner base so not very many active participants. I am trying to increase activity by asking a whole lot of questions. Most of them being answered by Rebel (Dan) from Rogue.

Dave. Will look at mine tomorrow. I have changed filter on gen, no problem there. Not sure of the rest of the plumbing, will check. Hardly ever run the thing. 2007 boat 280 hrs on gen. And not many of those since I have owned it. If you are worried about fuel leaking out of the primary filter on your set up, buy one of those hose pincher pliersand pinch off on the intake side. Those are not wire braid hose on my boat, so would not be a problem. Pinch it off change fiter, unpinch and away you go. After unpinching leave filter loose, when you or if you see ful dribbling spin tight and you should be good to go. Might be easier and better if you filled thatfilter first. Dan

Dave. Will look at mine tomorrow. I have changed filter on gen, no problem there. Not sure of the rest of the plumbing, will check. Hardly ever run the thing. 2007 boat 280 hrs on gen. And not many of those since I have owned it. If you are worried about fuel leaking out of the primary filter on your set up, buy one of those hose pincher pliersand pinch off on the intake side. Those are not wire braid hose on my boat, so would not be a problem. Pinch it off change fiter, unpinch and away you go. After unpinching leave filter loose, when you or if you see ful dribbling spin tight and you should be good to go. Might be easier and better if you filled thatfilter first. Dan

Thanks Dan,

I may try pinching it and then install a valve at the filter housing so I can close it there in the future. After only a month, I think I am going to like having a genset. :)

Shut off valve at top of tank, middle locker, under settee, should be a lift out panel to access tank plumbing. Ya owe me a beer!

Shut off valve at top of tank, middle locker, under settee, should be a lift out panel to access tank plumbing. Ya owe me a beer!

I owe you at least two! :thumb:

Thanks Dan I will look at that tomorrow.

This post belongs in the general maintenance section.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

You can pinch of the line as long as it is not steel braided. Also don't use the ones posted above. They are to small for anything bigger than about 3/8 hose. Sears sell a set that looks like pliers with smooth jaws. They work good for up to 1" hose. There are ones made by other mfg as well. Just make sure that you avoid the plastic ones. They work for small soft hoses but they will deflect and not seal good on stiffer hoses.

Back
Top Bottom