View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:39 PM   #15
Scary
Guru

City: Walnut Grove Ca
Vessel Name: Cary'D Away
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
I just went through an insurance survey

$600 bucks for my Hatteras, the surveyor Steven McNear spent better than 9 hours on my 48LRC. Sometimes it's good to have a fresh pair of expert eyes look over your boat. One of the pleasant surprises was a evaluation of replacement value based on boats sold recently. Like all 40 year old complicated boats he found issues, some of which will require correction within a few months a and others noted but not requiring immediate attention. Wing nuts on battery terminals, some wire not secured every 18 inches, and some terminals not protected by boots. These need correction immediately. I have a few small areas that sound delaminated in the salon roof and foredeck. These are on the watch list and at some future time I'll address them when I repaint the deck. Steve took many photos as well as notes. The surprise was the current value of my boat was 70k more than I thought. His survey noted all electronics and equipment and observed function of all equipment. There should be no argument from the insurance company as to whats is on the boat should there be a loss.
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote