Photo Gallery - All Members Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Craig, I remember seeing that boat for sale- glad to see she found a good home!

Per wrote:
i notice you are "topless", how do you like it?
Hi Per, we do have a Bimini, we just leave it put away most of the time.* The frame folds back against the radar arch so it is very unobtrusive when not in use.*

We do like the option to put the bimini*up when*we "need" it--like on the hook being race committee.* It can also be folded back and covered with a zip on cover without actually removing the bimini.* You may find it handy in the summer??* I guess my advice is, try it for a year and see if you get any use out of it??

*edit: I should clarify, we ONLY have a top, not a full enclosure like you do.* Maybe try yours without the sides and see how you like it?* Seems like your weather down there is nice enough that a full enclosure might be overkill / too hot?

-- Edited by Pineapple Girl on Thursday 10th of February 2011 12:36:06 PM

PG
thank you..
and to answer you, yes and no..
so california seems always cool around the waterfront, even on warm summer days the large pacific keeps things relatively cool.
but i think i will try it before investing in having my enclosure repaired (need new glass and zippers).

Per wrote: that would only be another 1000lbs (400 gal fuel/100 gal water)).
?????????????????

SeaHorse II wrote:

Per wrote: that would only be another 1000lbs (400 gal fuel/100 gal water)).
?????????????????

his boat holds 250 gal fuel, i hold 400, diff = 150 gal x 6lbs ea = 900lbs

I apologize!* I read your post as 400 gallons of fuel & 100 gallons of water= 1000lbs.

my wording was pretty bad, still dont understand why my boat is 55% heavier than the 34' (4 ft difference).
the boats are pretty much identical... sans 4 ft of saloon/pilot house.

Per wrote:

my wording was pretty bad, still dont understand why my boat is 55% heavier than the 34' (4 ft difference).
the boats are pretty much identical... sans 4 ft of saloon/pilot house.
Could be beamier with larger engines, fuel tanks, water tanks, generator, etc.

Private Idaho is a 67' Outer Reef.* We took the standard 65' model and stretched it two feet through the lazarette/cockpit/boat deck section.* Mostly we did this to accomodate a bigger tender since we tend to use Private Idaho as a "mother ship" on the hook for extended periods and then use the tender for fishing and diving.

She is powered with twin C-12 Cats and we have two 16kw Northern Lights gensets.*

OK, here are some shots (mostly interior) of Private Idaho.

1.* Tender; Nautica w 90hp Yamaha 4 stroke
2.* Swim Platfrom showing access hatch to Laz/Engine Room
3.* Salon (TV is in stbd cabinet)
4.* Galley
5.* Pilothouse looking forward
6.* Pilothouse looking aft/stbd
7.* Master Stateroom
8.* Master Stateroom
9.* Engine Room looking aft.* Gensets are in sound cabinets aft of engines
10.* Lazarette w freezer and workbench

Attachments

• tender.jpg
    tender.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 94
  • swimplatform.jpg
    swimplatform.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 103
  • salon.jpg
    salon.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 105
  • galley.jpg
    galley.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 97
  • pilothouse1.jpg
    pilothouse1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 102
  • pilothouse2.jpg
    pilothouse2.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 95
  • mastersr1.jpg
    mastersr1.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 90
  • mastersr2.jpg
    mastersr2.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 93
  • engineroom.jpg
    engineroom.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 97
  • laz.jpg
    laz.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 94
Chris-
She is gorgeous! I hope you revel in her luxury every time you are aboard, which I hope is extremely often and surrounded by friends and family! In the event you are lacking in friends, I'd be happy to act as a stand in! ;)

Seriously- gorgeous boat.

Darn. I want one but I forgot to buy my lottery ticket this week. Oh well, maybe next week.

Beautiful boat.

FlorIdaho Chris wrote:

Private Idaho is a 67' Outer Reef.* We took the standard 65' model and stretched it two feet through the lazarette/cockpit/boat deck section.* Mostly we did this to accomodate a bigger tender since we tend to use Private Idaho as a "mother ship" on the hook for extended periods and then use the tender for fishing and diving.

She is powered with twin C-12 Cats and we have two 16kw Northern Lights gensets.*

OK, here are some shots (mostly interior) of Private Idaho.

1.* Tender; Nautica w 90hp Yamaha 4 stroke
2.* Swim Platfrom showing access hatch to Laz/Engine Room
3.* Salon (TV is in stbd cabinet)
4.* Galley
5.* Pilothouse looking forward
6.* Pilothouse looking aft/stbd
7.* Master Stateroom
8.* Master Stateroom
9.* Engine Room looking aft.* Gensets are in sound cabinets aft of engines
10.* Lazarette w freezer and workbench
Now that's what I call Livin Large!!! Gorgeous boat Chris. And welcome to the gang.
smile.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome and the comments guys. We're slipping the lines in three days and won't be back until early May. Hope to run into some of you on the water!!

Living the Dream- For Sure!** Beautiful Yacht.

Chris,* Every space aboard your boat is perfect.* Enjoy!

FlorIdaho Chris wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome and the comments guys. We're slipping the lines in three days and won't be back until early May. Hope to run into some of you on the water!!
Yes, welcome aboard Chris and co, but I hope you don't run into anyone - no way to treat a nice boat.* Gently bump into with fender between is ok tho.* I'd gladly raft up to you, but it'd be a bit hard me being downunder.* However, that boat could trave to the Queensland coast no trouble, and man, having that in the Whitsundays would be really something.* A boat to die for, well....maybe not die, 'cause then you couldn't enjoy it, but that's me being too literal....

Awesome boat, Chris. *I was thinking that it was time for me to post my own photos, but I think I'll wait a page or two for the expectations to lower a bit.*
cry.gif
smile.gif

Healhustler
Give up the pics'! We love and appreciate Floridaho's beautiful boat. That doesn't mean we don't love to see everyone elses rigs. The Krogens are kool. Post away

We bought our boat almost exactly a year ago. We've been sailboaters in the Northwest for the last 20 years. Archimedes is a 1978 Grand Banks 42. She was previously named Gray Eagle and, while owned by Bruce and Barbara Wood, was occasionally featured in Passagemaker and Pacific Yachting magazines. She now lives on Lake Union in Seattle. We are looking forward to many adventures with her.

Attachments

• rkl_3366.jpg
    rkl_3366.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 84
  • rkl_3712.jpg
    rkl_3712.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 76
  • rkl_3999.jpg
    rkl_3999.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 82
  • rkl_3199.jpg
    rkl_3199.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 81
Welcome Rusty. That's a beautiful boat. I saw her up in Princess Cove, Wallace Island about eight years ago.

-- Edited by Carey on Monday 21st of February 2011 12:02:39 AM

Carey wrote:

Welcome Rusty. That's a beautiful boat. I saw her up in Princess Cove, Wallace Island about eight years ago.

-- Edited by Carey on Monday 21st of February 2011 12:02:39 AM
Thanks! I am sure she has been to all the places we want to go. I hope we can get to many of them.

Great photos! Did Marin photoshop them with scenes from New Zealand?
They certainly are not from the PNW that he and Carey frequently paint.

Rusty,* She is a beauty and you are certainly in the perfect place to enjoy her.

JohnP

The photo of the lady standing outside with her cup of coffee is one of my favorite things to do on a boat.(Having a cup outside, that is.
biggrin.gif
)

superdiver wrote:

Rusty, is that last picture out side of Ketchikan? It looks just like Tatoosh Island on the right side...
Desolation Sound in British Columbia.

Diver,
Just looks like BC to me. The whole PNW looks quite same same but there are significant differences. Here is some pics of the PNW. See if you can tell approximately where along the coast they were taken. I have it all written down so I won't forget.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 274.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 274.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 103
  • all to 12-15-09 171.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 171.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 117
  • all to 12-15-09 268.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 268.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 115
  • all to 12-15-09 155.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 155.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 94
  • all to 12-15-09 358.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 358.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 114
Greetings from Southern Cal. Cantina is a 1986 PT Europa Sedan Trawler. I bought her @ the Tacoma Yacht Club in August 2008 and had a skipper bring her down to Newport Beach where we've kept her since. Havn't been too far from home, but many trips to Catalina. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

-- Edited by Cantina on Sunday 13th of March 2011 01:26:48 PM

-- Edited by Cantina on Sunday 13th of March 2011 01:41:42 PM

-- Edited by Cantina on Sunday 27th of March 2011 01:05:07 PM

Attachments

• emerald bay-1.jpg
    emerald bay-1.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 119
  • pretending!-1.jpg
    pretending!-1.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 110
  • helm chair-1.jpg
    helm chair-1.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 113
  • christmas party 2008-1.jpg
    christmas party 2008-1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 117
  • caprail refinish.jpg
    caprail refinish.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 113
  • cantina @ whites.jpg
    cantina @ whites.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 115
  • cantina @ sea-1.jpg
    cantina @ sea-1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 114
  • cantina @ moonstone-1.jpg
    cantina @ moonstone-1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 121
  • cantina @ byc dock-1.jpg
    cantina @ byc dock-1.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 113
  • bottom paint-1.jpg
    bottom paint-1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 122
  • cantina survey-1.jpg
    cantina survey-1.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 120
  • cantina survey 2-1.jpg
    cantina survey 2-1.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 115
  • img_2884.jpg
    img_2884.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 112
Well,
I came to look at Cantina's boat (beautiful and I want that chair) and saw that I'd forgotten about the picture post.

Locations are:
1.*** In Thorne Bay.
2,*** Central BC. Probably Finlayson Channel so of Bottle neck inlet.
3.*** Bella Bella.
4.*** In Between Texada Is and Big Bay.

5.*** Looking accross Thorne Bay toward Myers Chuck.

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Saturday 30th of April 2011 09:40:50 PM

Nice boat Cantina.* I love the shots of Christmas decorations in the salon.* Nothing better than holiday times on a boat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom