Refrigerator door latch wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisyboy

Vessel Name
Malagari
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 36 Europa
Hi,

I have a `82 IG 36 Europa. Sadly, one of the original locks for the freezer has broken and needs to be replaced.

The handle is marked "made Germany" with what I assume is the model # "6770" and what looks like a company logo - a shield with an "H" and "T" inside.

Trolling the internet hasn`t helped - I found a new one that I thought looked promising which I ordered but only was only close.

Can anyone help with either a second hand one, a supplier who might have either a new or used OR the name of the supplier ( who might still make them or a replacement).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Fridge lock.jpg
    Fridge lock.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 211
Moorebank Refrigeration(www.moorebankmarine.com.au)in Sydney supplied the OEM small under port settee 12v Danfoss powered fridge/freezer in my boat,it still works. My main fridge(eutectic) is U-Tec, a replacement I`d say,same compressor supplies the freezer, in the cockpit. Neither use latches.Try asking Moorebank, they may have done your freezer, they`ve been around long enough to amass bits and pieces.
They replaced the complete power unit for my eutectics 5 years back, and were excited their 30yo. fridge still worked well.

Thanks Bruce. BTW, could you pm me your phone # (lost it when my phone went toes up) we can have a chat about the survey report and I have Malagaries IG #.

George

Back
Top Bottom