trawler in winnipeg ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. f. Holy cow that looks interesting! The heck with running it to temperature. If it starts and idles, I'd say she's good to go.

Could this be a scam? Price seems too good, and Winnipeg is an odd location.

Lots of laid off Tar Sands workers shedding toys right now and Lake Winnipeg is almost as big as Lake Michigan.

Odd hull shape...shallow draft for sure...any guesses at what the beam is?

Very interesting boat and trailer. Do you think the rig would make to Vancouver? 6 years without running engine. We don't know that it hasn't run, keel cooled and dry stack it is possible to run it to temp. out of water. I like steel but I am much too old!!!

$29,000 USD TAKES IT ALL--BOAT,TRAILER,AND TRUCK

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/5510956088.html

Don't forget to add 35% to the USD price for the CDN $ price. So he's looking for close to $40K loonies.
Still think it's a scam?

Don't forget to add 35% to the USD price for the CDN $ price. So he's looking for close to $40K loonies.
Still think it's a scam?

That cannot possibly be a legitimate listing. If it is, I'll get in my car and start driving north right now. (Exchange rate is about $0.76 today.)

Last edited:
I spent over 30 years boating on Lake Winnipeg and that hull shape is not unusual for the area, especially from around Gimli where a lot of low tech local boats spend their summer. The lake is very shallow and gets incredibly rough in very short order.

Can't speak to the legitimacy of the seller but it is not easy to sell a boat like that in that area. It doesn't seem to me that the price is WAY low, just may be that the seller is tired of trying to sell it and is ready to unload it. 6 years is a lifetime for a boat to be on the hard.

Back
Top Bottom