Document and registration renewal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wyoboater

Vessel Name
In Disguise
Vessel Make
1985 Mainship 40 DC
Ok, folks! My USCG Documentation expires in Sept.......and my TX registration expires in June.......query...........Will I get renewal notification of both/either? Or do I go to the correct gov't agency on line and start the process myself? Anybody?

The USCG will send you a renewal notice that you have to sign and return with your renewal fee- $26 I think. Then they send you a new document. It used to be free. Why we can't do this, good for five years? Bureaucracy.

I suspect that Texas does something similar.

David

Wyo....

No idea what Tx does - should be able to find online?
NY DMV has a sign up for email notifications when renewals & vehicle inspection are due

USCG - Renewal - you can initiate online filling our Form 1280 Online and emailing or copy & snail mail - $26 fee if done prior to expiration - addn'l $? if late.

USCG - you can enroll in the USCG E-Renewal System that will send you an email 1 mo prior to expiration and provide some sort of e - payment link?

I just put a reminder on my e-calendar for 1 mo ahead and renew online...
easy peezey just costs $26 now

You can now request renewal and pay online at https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/1175233 .
Wait until you get renewal notification from Coast Guard, usually a month before expiration. Submitted form on Wednesday, had new documentation in mail on Saturday.

Greg

Thanks to everyone! I did find and renew online for the documentation, and you're right, 26 bucks.............as far as Texas....................gotta go to parks and recreation in person, show my drivers license, THEN, and only THEN, can I renew...........I love Texas but DAMN

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom