Self introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Savalla

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pelican
Vessel Make
MMC
Hi, Mark and Deborah Savalla, going to the "Dark Side" selling our 39' Cavalier Sloop and have a sea trial on a 1986 MMC 41' trawler. Very exciting and I already miss the sail boat. We live in Port Hueneme Ca. I have been sailing for 25 yrs. I have a 50 ton masters inland and a mates 50 ton near shore license. I am retired from the LAPD after 33 yrs. Deborah retired early from New York after working as a VP in publishing at Mc Millan and then at a non-profit as the director of business affairs. So more when the boat passes the sea trial and we agree on a price. It is exciting.

Welcome to the Forum. It's an incredible source of knowledge, help, and friendship. A lot of us here are recovering sailors. Good luck on your new adventure.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. "I already miss the sail boat." Hahahaha....Wait until your first heavy rainstorm when you're underway in your t-shirt and bedroom slippers sipping warm cocoa...

"underway in your t-shirt and bedroom slippers sipping warm cocoa..."
RTF the theatre of my mind wont stop flashing the black cat in front of the image.

seriously, It only takes a nanosecond to adjust to the dark side. It is very comfortable here, welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard from another who walked the blue line for many years and is now retired. You will LOVE going from the dark side to the stink potter side where you don't have to handle lines all day. You just turn the key and relax and enjoy the scenery.

Welcome aboard, Mark! Thanks for your service to the safety of the community.

The purchase process is a great thrill. Hope it goes well.

RTF is right! It's a whole new world of warmth and comfort.

Hi, Mark and Deborah Savalla, going to the "Dark Side" selling our 39' Cavalier Sloop and have a sea trial on a 1986 MMC 41' trawler. Very exciting and I already miss the sail boat. .

Mark, I wouldn't mind betting you won't miss it for long. The first time you chuck your stuff on board, throw off, (or haul in), your dock lines, and head out, with no sails to bend on first...or unfurl, saying, "OK, what's the wind direction, which tack should we be on...oh, that's right, we just aim for where we want to go, and bugger the wind...and no halyards to pull, and no sheets to grind...wow!" You'll be sold, and no regrets...other than the need for engine sound at all times when underway, maybe. But even that won't last long. Like RTF above said...:socool:

"Very exciting and I already miss the sail boat. "

Welcome aboard Mark

I'll bet you will quickly adjust - after all you likely still have a network of fellow sailors and the best sail is aboard someone else's boat.

Lots of good info & interesting stories here re: the hunt for the "right" boat.

Back
Top Bottom