Is there a tracking app such as the krogans owners have ? I am following s krogan own

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am tracking a krogan owner and would be nice if my family could keep track of my movement

Lot's of ways to do it.

Active Captain has the ability to track boats that are part of any arbitrarily created group. That group can be you and your family, or all Krogen owners.

MarineTraffic, VesselFinder and a bunch of other apps track any boat with AIS. If you have AIS running, anyone can see where you are.

There are likely others

Oh yea, Delorme Spot tracker.

This is the way we went. We have the DeLorme InReach satellite locator. We have AIS, but the number of shore stations is limited. We've found that there's only reliable tracking very close to the bigger harbors. Which is not where we spend most of our time. Also, there are several competing AIS shore station networks, and they don't share data. So you'd have to give your family 3-4 different web sites to try.

I think Spot has a satellite locator product, although their older models relied on the cell phone network, so they worked in fewer places. The satellite versions work anywhere.

We chose InReach because it is two-way; you can send and receive text messages in addition to leaving a track. It connects via Bluetooth to your phone or tablet, so texting is easy.

The Boat US app allows you to send your location to others. They cannot "track" you but you can send them periodic locations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom