Help name our new explorer yacht.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just glad to see that it isn't only in the US that the general public, when asked to vote on something, make really stupid choices.

Greetings,
Being a British research vessel..."Oi, Oi, Oi...What's all this then?"

Since The Queen's state visit to Ireland entente has flourished, and since the Irish navy has only 3 tiny boats we claim ' what's yours is mine, and what's mine is my own' on the basis that the British has claimed many sons of Ireland as their own after they became famous. Lol.

Last edited:
I was just glad to see that it isn't only in the US that the general public, when asked to vote on something, make really stupid choices.

This why they are regretting letting the British public have their say on whether to stay in the European union in a referendum.

Politicians maintain that they are elected to decide on behalf of the general public, and that ordinary people aren't qualified to make such decisions.

IMO it's the politicians who are the dumb asses!

Sounds odd, but I`m guessing it has local significance.
Runner up, "RRS David Attenborough", takes my fancy, impressive guy.

+1

A very impressive personality; riveting commentaries that keep you interested right up to the end of his extraordinary documentaries .

Sounds odd, but I`m guessing it has local significance.
Runner up, "RRS David Attenborough", takes my fancy, impressive guy.
Agreed. I'm a nature documentary junkie and the best of the best are the Attenborough-narrated BBC ones.

I let my kids name my boat, which they did, after the cat... "The Fluffy Moe"

They were punished after that.

I let my kids name my boat, which they did, after the cat... "The Fluffy Moe"

They were punished after that.

Is your boat a cat, or was it just called after ' the cat'. Lol!

I like cats( boats), but not really cats ( cats).....

Is your boat a cat, or was it just called after ' the cat'. Lol!

I like cats( boats), but not really cats ( cats).....

Believe me, when you have a couple of young girls in the house they could care less about truly cool catamaran powerboats called "Cheetah"... it's all about soft little cuddly kitties.

Believe me, when you have a couple of young girls in the house they could care less about truly cool catamaran powerboats called "Cheetah"... it's all about soft little cuddly kitties.

When my kids were growing we had dogs, but do remember several cats in my own childhood.

I' m even tempted to call my powercat ' Paddy paws' after the black and white specimen we had.

Ah yes, poor ol' Paddy Paws, long gone on to cat heaven. :D

British government pooh-poohs winning 'Boaty McBoatface' name for ship

So, despite receiving 4 times the number of votes of the second place name, looks like Boaty McBoatface will not be the name of Britain's new research vessel.

Asking people for their opinion is a very dangerous thing to do, and that's why politicians never honour their popularist manifestos once they've got into power; they'll say absolutely anything to get elected.

God only knows what the result of referendum on the UK staying in the EU will be; one wonders if the general public is actually qualified to make this tricky judgement.

Greetings,
Not surprising given the desire for the Scottish to separate. I suspect McBoatface is of Scottish origin.

giphy.gif

Hey, if she was privately owned, they could name her S--tface for all I care, but - -

This "Boaty Mcboatface is an insult to British taxpayers.

This story is a great demonstration of how government tends to work from the home owner association up. We want your input unless we don't like it. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom