View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #14
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTraveler View Post
Although I acknowledge that the problem was occassioned by Dish changing its broadcast format, I fault KVH for arbitrarily refusing to support product that is pre-'09. I would feel a little better if I thought KVH's cutoff wasn't arbitrary, but it sure sounds like it is marketing driven -- they have a part, won't sell it and instead want me to upgrade (and are offering a $500 discount off MSRP ($12,500+) for a factory deal (which I am sure nets them way more than they get from their sales to retailers).
Talk to KVH, their Corporate office, about the cutoff and issue. Not their distributors or representatives. Find the decision maker.

Now, what I don't understand in your anger toward KVH and looking for alternatives, why don't you feel the same toward Dish? Dish caused it and not just for KVH. They changed their systems without working out compatibility for this part of the industry. No joint testing. No giving them some form of Beta to work through the issues. If I was KVH or the others I'd be furious with them. The problem is that plenty have been furious with Dish many times and the CEO has done a masterful job of insulating himself.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote