Yachtworld picture problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
New thread so more folks notice it.

It appears that some of us are having problem viewing more than 5 photos on Yachtworld before they simply will not scroll.

I experience this with Firefox, but not the Windows10 version of IE. I also don't have the problem with Safari on the Ipad.

Anyone have any guesses as to a fix or can chime in with other platforms that they either have this problem or not? As someone actively boat shopping, it is more than annoying.

Same problem here with Firefox. Don't have a fix, but this same thing happened several months ago and it fixed itself after a few days.

So far on my Win 10 desktop:

Firefox - doesn't work
IE - works
Chrome - works
Edge - works

With my iPad:
Safari - works

I just sent a note to Yachtworld. I figure I am not the only one to do so, but the more complaints they get maybe they quicker they will address the issue.

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for posting this feedback about YachtWorld! Thanks to your comments, we now have work in progress that should fix this issue for our customers. Please feel free to reach out to me and let me know if there are other things we can help with to make your experience on YachtWorld better.

Katy Judge
Brand Manager
YachtWorld

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for posting this feedback about YachtWorld! Thanks to your comments, we now have work in progress that should fix this issue for our customers. Please feel free to reach out to me and let me know if there are other things we can help with to make your experience on YachtWorld better.

Thank you Katy!

Good job Dave! Looks like you got their attention.:)

Glad you posted this! I've noticed this for a few days and was just starting to think that I needed to 'fix" something on my computer...

One of the most difficult challenges web developers face today is compatibility with all the different browsers in use. Not like the days when IE owned the market. My web programmers do test and check with at least 10 different browsers with various add on's present and not present and occasionally still get a complaint.

Katy Judge
Brand Manager
YachtWorld

If you can add to the tablet app wish list a way to simply select north america, not have to select all the states too. I looked all over for where to send suggestions but have not found it.

Thanks!
Stu

I just sent a note to Yachtworld. I figure I am not the only one to do so, but the more complaints they get maybe they quicker they will address the issue.

I sent a tech support note too but have not heard anything.

I posted it somewhere else on TF too so we have parallel processing :)

Stu

I must say that I appreciate Yachtworld addressing the problem AND letting us know they were addressing the problem.

Of course, I would appreciate it even more if the problem was actually fixed, but these things do take time. There are reasons I gave up building websites decades ago.

If you can add to the tablet app wish list a way to simply select north america, not have to select all the states too. I looked all over for where to send suggestions but have not found it.

Thanks!
Stu

You can do that on the website. Can't on the tablet? I use a tablet but don't use the app, just go to the full site on it.

Fix for Firefox 44.0.2

Tonight I was checking out a boat on Yachtworld and found the picture problem fixed for my browser.

Thank you Katy Judge and the Yachtworld web team.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom