View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #18
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
RE: Nova Kool? Dometic? Norcold?

Thanks for the kind words on the article but I'm a bit puzzled as I haven't written an article for a magazine in years. I think the last time I wrote a magazine article about anything was when I was asked to review the then-new Cub Crafter's Top Cub on floats for a national aviation magazine. Kenmore has one and I got checked out in it, flew it around a bunch in and out of the little lakes up in the Cascades, and got a factory tour from the president of Cub Crafters over in Yakima. But that was sometime in the early 2000s. I've since had a book about Kenmore Air published but no magazine article. Maybe somebody's writing stuff and using my name That's okay as long as they split the fee.

One of the primary reasons we selected an Isotherm unit to replace our Norcold (when it decides to finally die) is the Danfoss compressor. Everything we read about them at the time indicated that was the way to go as far as a compressor was concerned. Glad to hear from your mention of the PMM article that they are still highly regarded.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote